Go Lakers!

Need Help Choosing a Trail Light

I just bought a Stumpy Elite. The handlebars are quite oversized in the middle so finding the right light to fit is tough. A few of my riding buddies have the Night Rider lights, the real bright ones that clearly light up the entire trail at night. I looked at the price on Performance $450 Yikes!

Anyone have any suggestions on a light similiar to the Night Rider for perhaps $200.

Thanks,

[SIZE="3"]Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it the present [/SIZE]

Double-metric mtb man
    There are a variety of lights out there that could work for you. Make sure that the clamp will work on an oversized bar (31.8 mm) and you should be good.

For $200 and a commercially produced light, you're likely looking at a halogen light in the 12-15W range (at least in terms of the biggest selection of lights in that price range). Light & Motion makes good ones. Personally, I'm using a Planet Bike Alias SC. The Alias has several settings (8W, 12W, 15W and flash) and seemed like a good choice for me at the time...it's done well over the last year and a bit that I've had it.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

wears helmet on bus
    follow your freaind rally closely its free!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nite Rider Enduro

Did you condsider the NR Enduro? Not as good as the really big $$ lighs but, will put out a lot of light and you can buy a helmet handle bar mount.

Either that, or follow Achesalot's instructions and go DIY.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/148...Bike-Light.htm

Go Lakers!
    Thanks for the info on the Night rider Enduro. I have been looking into the various night riders lights. I will definately check this one out.

Cheers,

[SIZE="3"]Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it the present [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Anyone tried a Minewt X2 yet?