a.k.a. BicycleKicks

My NR Enduro HID is better than friends L&M ARC HID

I went on a night ride the other night with a friend who had bought a L&M ARC HID a couple weeks ago and was shocked to find that my fairly inexpensive Enduro looked a LOT better than the L&M. I really was surprised by this as I expected the L&M to be a lot better than mine and considering that I almost bought one of them in lieu of the NR.

The bright part of the L&M beam was mostly contained in a narrow spot in the center while my Enduro has more of a flood pattern with a much wider bright area. Sorry, but I didn't have a camera to take pics.

Is the Enduro known to be a better light than the L&M? I sort of doubt it and am wondering what's going on.

Has anyone else compared these two lights side by side?
    I read that on the internet.

BBW
    mtbr member

... and if we just ...

HAHAHAHAHA

1st- Keep dreaming... everybody knows that the ARC has the best beam pattern. Its more bright AND wide than your enduro

2nd- when your NR fails, you will see whats L&M about

a.k.a. BicycleKicks

trying not to take your reply wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    HAHAHAHAHA

1st- Keep dreaming... everybody knows that the ARC has the best beam pattern. Its more bright AND wide than your enduro

2nd- when your NR fails, you will see whats L&M about

Ok, I think you're making an honest attempt at being funny, not a smarta$$, so I'll reply in a civil manner...

If it's true that the ARC is known to have a wider and brighter beam, then he has a dud or weak/undercharged battery or something. There was another guy riding with us and he agreed that my Enduro was definitely the better light.
    I read that on the internet.

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    I have an L+M Arc and have ridden with guys with NR HIDs and side by side the NR looks better and brighter to me. Not by a huge amount, but noticeable. If I had known that ahead of time, I would have gone with an NR.

BBW
    mtbr member
    mine is better than yours nananananana

PS: A light system is measured by other parameters also: CS, weight, reliability, bla, bla, bla.
    If you have 5000 lumes but weights 20 pounds it might be good for you but not for me
    If you have a brighter light that goes for repair every 3 months it might be good for you, not for me
    etc.
    Every light has good and bad things... I haven't found anything "perfect" yet
    Enjoy your light

BTW I have the ARC, a Dinotte 200L and a Lupine Wilma, I wouldn't say one is better that the other. They all serve a purpose (But the Wilma is saaaweat!!!!)

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I have an arc and my cousin has a NR. I would choose the NR for fireroads and the ARC for tight singletrack as it scatters more light but it doesn't have that 'punch' for fast fireroading.

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by 40hills
    I went on a night ride the other night with a friend who had bought a L&M ARC HID a couple weeks ago and was shocked to find that my fairly inexpensive Enduro looked a LOT better than the L&M. I really was surprised by this as I expected the L&M to be a lot better than mine and considering that I almost bought one of them in lieu of the NR.

The bright part of the L&M beam was mostly contained in a narrow spot in the center while my Enduro has more of a flood pattern with a much wider bright area. Sorry, but I didn't have a camera to take pics.

Is the Enduro known to be a better light than the L&M? I sort of doubt it and am wondering what's going on.

Has anyone else compared these two lights side by side?