cbx
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Mounting options Minewt x2 dual

Hey Guys...out of ideas. I just recently bought the NiteRider X2 Dual...

One issue.
    I run my stem inverted for better climbing position (XC Race style) and dont have enough room underneath to fit the battery due to angles. I tried on top but the polished stem is so slick the battery doesnt want to stay put. Anyone else out there with this concern? I dont want to spend the entire evening fussing with it while riding.

At Work
    mount it under the bars on one side or the other.

or under the downtube close to the headtube

cbx
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah thought about the downtube thing and tried it...the cable appears to bind when the bars turn however. Man what a killer light though, so bright and built well. Really happy I bought it. Thank you for the suggestion! I might end up putting it under the stem a little crooked...it looks funny, but I like the fact that it really has nowhere to go there even under rough circumstances.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    You could also get an extension cable for it. I've borrowed one from a TriNewt and it sure is handy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I always mount my minewt batt on the side of my stem. Not top or bottom. You can also mount it right on the bars too you know. Very light.

cbx
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Good call on the side of my stem...I just might roll that one too! Thank you!