Anybody had a problem with a MaxFlex ?
I've got a MaxFlex in the last month from Cutter which doesn't work. I've never got any light comming out of the LED when it's attached.
I'm using a 6V battery from a Marwi Nightpro. Voltage from the VIN+ to GND is 6.6 volts while voltage from the + and - on the triple Cree XR-E LED PCB is 5.1 volts. Something is happening to the voltage but if the Maxflex is boosting shouldn't it be around the forward voltage of the LEDS ie 10 volts or more ? The LED is fine as it works with a Luxdrive 3021DE I have connected to a 14.4V battery.
I've refered this to Mark at Cutter who sent the problem on to George at Taskled. Taskled suggest that I have damaged the MaxFlex by "having 'soft wired' the board, you have most likely blown a component".
I soft wired(ie tight wire loop around the connection holes without soldering) and taped the connections with gaffer before connection to the power source so I can guarantee that there was no damage by me.
In the last year I've built several single and triple CREE XR-E lights with Luxdrive models 2008B, 2009SHO, 3021DE and never had a problem. I've also been building Halogen lights for the past 20 years so I think it's krap that the explanation is that I've damaged the board.
Anybody else have problems with a MaxFlex or further suggestions.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: MaxFlex Problem