808+909 = Party Good Time

Marwi Night Pro Sport... any owners with comments?

I am looking for an ok MTB light for a budget price and can get a Night Pro Sport for $129AUD ($91USD) which is cheap as over here (you can get them for $50USD in the States) but just wondered if anyone had any experience with them. Want it XC riding during an enduro race but I'm not after anything serious and don't have loads of cash. That price is really my upper limit. Heard they will probably do the job?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The sport is cheaper than other lights due to having a Sealed Lead Acid battery.

I had the Marwi Night Pro Elite that is 20wt spot and 15wt flood. I found it was not quite as bright as the 10wt smart light I was replacing.

The good points is that the mounting and light is fairly strong so you shouldn't break it if you crash. I think when it dies you should be able to get an overvolted battery and then get a much better light.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Whereabouts are you?

I am in Canberra. I haven't used my Marwi Night Pro Elite for about a year. It is a 6Volt system but I bought 12V bulbs for it as I bought a HID with a 12V battery but the HID went. I ws using it like that this winter for commuting but just got my HID fixed for the Scott 24hr this weekend.

If you like I can charge it up, change it back to 6V bulbs and see if it still works OK. If so I would be happy to sell it for half of the $250 I paid for it two years ago. I would also throw in the 12V bulbs so when the battery goes you have the choice of replacing it with either another 6V system or a 12V system. Seriously the 12V is better as it runs cooler, longer and was brighter.