mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Marwi Extreme Pro Short in Wire

I'm a complete neophyte on this DIY topic, intriguing non-the-less. My marwi nightpro extreme has a short in the wire comming out of the ballast by the far connector. Upon closer inspection i noticed an inner copper section wrapped in something (Not copper) then a sparse copper section wrapped on the outside with the final rubber casing. The first casing protecting the inner copper wiring is cracked which i suspect is creating the short. Is there a way i can remedy this/ fix it my self. I love this light and it has served me well. Even though they are no longer here in the states i was able to communicate with Marwi in the new office in Taiwan via e-mail and bought a new battery and charger then a week later a develop a short in my wire. I'm not sure if i'm even using the correct terms here. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subject so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If the short is close to the connector Id sugest replacing it, I'm in the market for some new Marwi wires myself.

These are the correct wires for the light they use called Trailtech connectors. You will have to disassemble the ballast, and solder them in I think too.

http://www.batteryspace.com/search.a...lse&high=25.00

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the link! I'm going to disassemble the ballast and see whats under the hood. I think I can handle a little soldering. I can't believe how cheap the parts are considering what I paid for this light.