Thread: maglite xpg

mtbr member

maglite xpg

I know that this is more of a cpf posting, but im sure that there are a good number of people on this forum that own maglites, so I thought that it may be of interest.......

Ive just finished a few night shifts at work and cant sleep (even after disturbing mrs Bump) so Im bored, and my mind turns to leds. Ive got a few xpgs kicking around so I start thinking about what to do with them. Just as an experiment I cut the neck off a 4D mag reflector and with Blu-tac fitted it to an "xpg test rig" and was amazed at the results!
    If you want a spot optic for the xpg this is it! (Oh alright, maybe its a bit on the large side for bikes!)

When time permits, (and I wont wake the house up) I will turn a piece of aluminium to fit the mag body and create a supercharged mag!

The mag is already converted to run on c size NiMh by using plastic shims, so I will probably use this as a driver: http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...39c655f0ceefb2

The test rig

Will post beam shots soon

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Cool. I've a 4D Mag that I have been looking at.....

I put an XP-G in my backpacking/climbing headlamp (Pelican) to replace the original luxeon K1 side emitter. After trimming ~.75mm off the bottom of the reflector it too gives a very tight spot beam.

Members who have read this thread: 0