Thread: Magic Shine UK

mtbr member

Magic Shine UK

It had to happen..
    Magic Shine now has a UK online dealer, that is also including 12 months warranty...apparently.

Looks like someone is just bulk buying a shed load and flogging them on for a profit
    The returns address is a residential address..
    26 Hunsbury Close

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/

About Magicshine UK - WE LEAD, OTHERS FOLLOW!

First, a few facts about Magicshine UK

The first on-line retailer of Magicshine lights in the UK
    The first retailer to offer a 12 month warranty
    Still offering the best customer service (according to the forums)

Magicshine UK is a family business based in Northampton, selling niche products to fellow cyclists. We are the original importers of the Magicshine brand of lights in the UK and we continue to be the first to introduce new products in the UK. We know the products and have a well established relationship with the factory.

We are keen cyclists and Chris recently completed the John O'Groats to Lands epic journey in just 8 days. Many of the products he discovered during his training schedule were so good we now sell them. In general thats what we do; source high quality products, try them and if they really are good, and we can supply them at an attractive price, we sell them.

Most importantly we never forget that all our customers have a choice so we differentiate ourselves by the service we provide. Before selecting your Magicshine supplier ask yourself;

1) Will you receive your order next day if you place it before 3pm?
    2) Will you have a full range of products to choose from?
    3) Will you receive a 12 month guarantee (maximum from date of original purchase)?
    4) Is your supplier available evenings and weekends to answer queries or do they only open 'office hours'?

We welcome fellow cyclists to our premises to share a cup of coffee with us, browse through the products and to try before you buy!

85 for a bastid P7

Battery Bag anyone? 6.45

The new battery 48.95....ouch!
    Last edited by Goldigger; 02-09-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    got to love google street view. Such a pretty street

I still cannot fathom how they could make a quality light for that price and turn a profit when you take into account shipping, packaging, admin costs, wages, parts, overhead recovery etc
    Last edited by brad72; 02-09-2011 at 11:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brad72
    I still cannot fathom how they can make a quality light for that price and turn a profit when you take into account shipping, packaging, admin costs, wages, parts, overhead recovery etc
    They can't. For keeping price low, Magicshine cuts costs on battery packs (yeah, that awful crappy batterys). I think Geoman could agree with that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i have also come acrosss this site inmy travels http://www.magicshinebikelights.co.uk

Magicshine Bike Lights™

Perceptis Limited
    1 The Stables
    Elmhurst Business Park
    Lichfield
    WS13 8EX
    United Kingdom Magicshine Bike Lights

eMail: sales@perceptisretail.co.uk

Telephone: 01543 257637 09'30 - 17'30 hrs Monday - Friday

Please note: Although there is no physical shop front at the address above we are always happy to meet with personal callers by appointment.

We also conduct regular user panels to help us test new products - if you're interested in taking part - drop us a line!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    To be honest, I can't blame them. The MS is a popular product that enables cyclists to ride at night for a very reasonable cost. Like brad72, I haven't a clue how they do it.

From a personal perspective it effectively kills the market for the small manufacturer but I suppose that's market economics for you. I never bought one because I (wrongly) thought building my own would be cheaper still but I caught the bug and now I enjoy planning,designing and building my lights as much as riding with them.

It would be helpful to sell a few of my own to offset the costs (and I'd get less grief from the wife) which I might try if my next design proves as good as it looks in my head. However there is no hope of it becoming a proper business in the face of the MS.

I almost wish I'd thought of becoming a distributor. But then maybe not.