mtbr member
    Nov 2011

lost battery question

So I was out riding the other night, coming down the mountain with 3 lights, just because... I bought the cheap Shadow BL-21 off the bay and it worked well for the climbs. Only problem is the connect between the light and battery was really loose and would fall out when I hit bumps on a descent. Knowing this I brought the Dinotte XML-3 for the bars and Lezyne for the helmet, plenty of light for descending So when the poor connection on the cheapo chinese light came undone, I paid little notice. 8 miles later I realized I lost the battery as it fell out of my mountain feed bag.

So now to my question; how hard is it to make/buy a replacement battery? it's 3 18650 batteries rated at 3.7V 6600 mAH. I'm trying directly through the company,but doubt anyone speaks english. Are the male/female connectors pretty standard?

Thanks in advance and let the flaming begin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lost battery question-bl-21-battery.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's one on eBay with decent battery cells and a charger

Japan 18650 1S3P 3.7V 7.8Ah Li-ion battery pack+ DC 4.2V 1.5A Smart Charger EU | eBay

If MTBR removes the link, look for

Sanyo 18650 1S3P 3.7V 7800MAH Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Pack

With PCM (Protect circuit module) inside

And DC4.2V 1.5A Intelligent Charger

Here it is without the charger
    One Sanyo 18650 Li-ion battery pack 3.7V 7800mAh 3cells to 1S3P W/PCM & Plug | eBay

$28US with free shipping. Can't beat that. You'll need to waterproof it though.

You can waterproof the connectors with a bit of heat-shrink tubing.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    The battery Ofroad'bent recommended is ideal

You also realise Murphy will dictate as soon as you purchase the new battery you will find your old battery on the next ride

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofroad'bent View Post
    Here's one on eBay with decent battery cells and a charger

Japan 18650 1S3P 3.7V 7.8Ah Li-ion battery pack+ DC 4.2V 1.5A Smart Charger EU | eBay

If MTBR removes the link, look for

Sanyo 18650 1S3P 3.7V 7800MAH Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Pack

With PCM (Protect circuit module) inside

And DC4.2V 1.5A Intelligent Charger

Here it is without the charger
    One Sanyo 18650 Li-ion battery pack 3.7V 7800mAh 3cells to 1S3P W/PCM & Plug | eBay

$28US with free shipping. Can't beat that. You'll need to waterproof it though.

You can waterproof the connectors with a bit of heat-shrink tubing.
    Thanks for the link and help, I will try that one. I managed to get on a 24 hour team for old pueblo in Feb and may need this extra light.