Thread: LOL Dealextreme

PRETENDURO

LOL Dealextreme

FINALLY got my 2.5-3A 3-mode drivers this morning. Tried to order them in October 2012, got a message saying they were out of stock. They showed up again in November, I tried to order them again, got another email stating they were out of stock. Again, I tried to order them in December, but they actually showed as being out of stock on the website. Fast-forward to January 2013, they magically appeared again on the DX website, so I ordered someÖ only to get emails stating they were on backorder from the supplier, but to be patient. Meanwhile, the days have been getting longer, and now I donít see the need to fab up some simple XM-L lightsóIíve had the emitters since November or December.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    this isn't going to help much, but I'm going to say it anyway I've stopped ordering things from Dealextreme altogether - their service is crap, there's no way of knowing if something is really in stock or not and their delivery times are slower than other Chinese sites. I've even stopped using Kaidomain too, although I always thought they were better than DX.

I tend to use Fasttech for cheap bits'n'pieces (10 AMC7135 chips for ~$1.50!) and buy my LEDs from Illumination Supply in the US. Intl.Outdoor is pretty decent for price, selection and service too. I'm pretty sure they'll have something like the one you want, if not better (but probably more expensive).

PRETENDURO
    Thanks for the tips. Iíll check out those suppliers.

(about a minute later)

Cool, Illumination Supply is in my neck of the woods here in the smog-laden San Francisco/San Jose bay area.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks for the info Muppet. It's nice to have the option to pay a few more dollars and get the supplies in less than a week. I am new and appreicate the solid references...I already ran into huge delays with stock at DX.com that showed as being in stock when I placed the order (18650's). Illumination Supply also has a CPF discount if you run a quick search.

mtbr member
    Mountain Electronics has been very helpful too. Mountain Electronics
    Thanks Matt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I just got my last DX order. A bunch of gopro mounting stuff. Some of it is usable but a couple parts are going straight to the trash. Also part of the order is missing and there is a random nylon stretch thing with velcro, which I dont even know what it is. My DX experiences are now on the whole more bad than good. Not going to order there junk any more.

And thanks Matt for the links.

mtbr member
    no worries. The selection from US vendors has improved massively and the premium has dropped or disappeared, so now it's really just a case of paying postage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    My order from DX.com placed 3/18 has still not arrived. It took about a month for most of the order to ship, but I still have not received the camera battery that shipped 3/19 (also li-ion). So far, nothing has arrived from them. I am glad I ordered some duplicate Panasonic 18650B from a US ebay seller prior to the 18h mountain bike race I did a week ago. I have seen some of the warnings regarding shipping delays for batteries from DX.com and FastTech, but I am questioning if they are going to arrive at all. Even the order for 18650B from FastTech (placed 04/01) arrived prior to the race; they were shipped through Malaysia.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    My light was delivered today just shy of Three months!
    I still one item missing from DX.

DX.com never again.