Your killing my Strava

Loading courses in the Edge 305

So I was playing around with my new Edge and I loaded a course from motionbase in my 305. The question is can you add more than 1? I loaded 1 and then tried to add another one and it erased the previous one. Is there anyway to keep more than 1?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yes

You can keep multiple couses in the edge. You need to upload them to the courses section of your GTC. Once you have the rides you want to do in the Courses section of the GTC you go to the File menu at the top left and select send courses and workouts. If you have too many courses in the GTC it will ask you to pick what courses you want in your 305. Mine will let me leave 100 miles or so of course data in the edge. Hope that helps.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    You can keep multiple couses in the edge. You need to upload them to the courses section of your GTC. Once you have the rides you want to do in the Courses section of the GTC you go to the File menu at the top left and select send courses and workouts. If you have too many courses in the GTC it will ask you to pick what courses you want in your 305. Mine will let me leave 100 miles or so of course data in the edge. Hope that helps.
    Ok how do I get it from Motionbased to GTC???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Download them as .crs files.

Its one of the options when you are looking at a ride in motionbased. You can download the file in several forms. .GPX (most handheld gps devices) .KML (Google Earth) .hst (Garmin history file) and .crs (which is what you want for a course) Once you save the .crs to your computer you have to upload it into GTC. Go to the courses tab of gtc. Then to the file menu at the top and find import courses. Select your downloaded crs file and then it will be a course in GTC. Then you have to update the workouts and courses on your 305 to have it in there.

PM me

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    Its one of the options when you are looking at a ride in motionbased. You can download the file in several forms. .GPX (most handheld gps devices) .KML (Google Earth) .hst (Garmin history file) and .crs (which is what you want for a course) Once you save the .crs to your computer you have to upload it into GTC. Go to the courses tab of gtc. Then to the file menu at the top and find import courses. Select your downloaded crs file and then it will be a course in GTC. Then you have to update the workouts and courses on your 305 to have it in there.
    Yea I tried that!!! For what ever reason I dont have the correct program to open a .crs file?? I have no idea what program I need to open it! I hate computers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You don't have to open it.

You have to add it to GTC as a course.
    There are 3 tabs at the top of the GTC screen. History, Workouts, Courses. Click courses.
    Click the file menu, click Import courses.
    Find the crs file that you downloaded from motionbased. Select it and thats it.

PM me

Your killing my Strava
    Worked like a charm...thanks