mtbr member

New question here. Lightmalls LED's - anyone use them?

I'm looking to buy a few XML's and Lightmalls ( $6.2 | Cree XM-L U2-1C 320LM 7000K LED White Light Emitter with 20mm Base(3.7~4.2V) Worldwide Free Shipping!!! )
    have them at a good price.
    Has anyone used LED's from Lightmalls? If so, any good?
    Cheers
    Steve

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Can't comment on lightmalls, but if you're going to drive the led hard, you might consider a better version: Noctigon XM16 MCPCB & CREE XM-L2 U2 1C LED [CREE XM-L2 U2 1C LED] - $5.92 : Led Flashlight-International Outdoor Store

(xml-2, and the noctigon base. 16mm instead of 20mm, though.)
    The study du jour: can one's reputation be artificially inflated by simply putting a request for rep in one's sig?

mtbr member
    you can get XM-L2s on 20mm noctigons
    Noctigon XM20 MCPCB & CREE XM-L2 T6 3C LED [XM-L2 T6 3C on XM20 MCPCB] - $9.45 : Led Flashlight-International Outdoor Store
    Noctigon XM20 MCPCB & CREE XM-L2 U2 1A LED [CREE XM-L2 U2 1A LED] - $5.97 : Led Flashlight-International Outdoor Store
    etc.

I'd go with those, or LEDDNA's XM-L2s on Sinkpads or even Illumination Supply's on whatever their brand of direct-to-copper board is. Shipping from the US would probably kill the deal though.

Depending on personal preferences/ riding terrain/ eyesight etc. you may want to try some of the neutral white LEDs, like the T6 3C I linked. I find the colour and contrast so much better than I'm using my commuter lights (2 single XM-L2 T6 3C lights) for night riding, instead of my gonzo dual XM-L U2 lights. Even though I have less light (quite a bit less actually), it's much more pleasant. Less glare too.