In the rear with the beer

New question here. Lighting rookie needs wisdom of the masters

I recently went on my first night ride and am hooked. I've got a niterider evolution halogen, but quickly realized I'd be much better off with a bar light and a helmet light. So, what would be a good additional light to get to match up with the halogen. Do i need to go to HID ($$$) or can a get a good LED (<$), like the MiNewt (random guys at the shop have been talking this one up). I also want to use which ever light I buy on my touring bike for night commutes (as I've learned the halogen may not have been the best initial buy.
    Thoughts/opinions/suggestions??
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

nimble biker
    ah my padawan. Master, yoda, can give you some advise. LED helmet light is more suitable and cheaper. You can buy Nitehawk from MEC.ca web site. this is a Canadian product. LED is more durable than halogen and economical. Nitehawk LED is pretty powerful for trail and as a commuting light too.

Let the force run through you during commute time !

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    i've got a princeton tec switchback 3 coming. according to most these guys, it's gonna rule. I'll let you know as soon as i can get a good test on it. doing a 12 hour race Sept. 1st, so that'll be a really good test. I have ridden with HID lights in the past and compared to halogens the output is amazing. try to borrow one first to see if you need that kind of horsepower.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/