mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Light Replacement.

I have been using the Trail Tech SMR16 (30w HID) for about two years but bulb and ballast replacements are too often and expensive. Currently I get about 3.5 hours burn time from this 2.5a draw light but I would like to replace this 1850-lumen light with its equal in LED. The spot version gives actually a really good flood fill and amazing depth, now I have been looking around at stuff like Troutie-mtb’s 7 UP but seem to have missed any beamshots or lumen output figures, can anyone fill me in or point me in the right direction or even recommend a light that can give me what I had or better.. TIA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EFMax
    I have been using the Trail Tech SMR16 (30w HID) for about two years but bulb and ballast replacements are too often and expensive. Currently I get about 3.5 hours burn time from this 2.5a draw light but I would like to replace this 1850-lumen light with its equal in LED. The spot version gives actually a really good flood fill and amazing depth, now I have been looking around at stuff like Troutie-mtb’s 7 UP but seem to have missed any beamshots or lumen output figures, can anyone fill me in or point me in the right direction or even recommend a light that can give me what I had or better.. TIA.
    beamshots here http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a.../7%20UP%20XPG/
    lumens on paper 2400 XPG or 1764 XPE plenty in either case .

What is your battery V and AH

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for that quick reply.. I have loads of batteries that I can reconfigure into any arrangement.. I believe that your your stuff is 14.8v which is no problem.. at the moment I have two light setups, one is 7.4v and is 16AH and the other is 11.1v which is around 10AH.. either way I can reconfigure and get a new charger to suit.. cheers..

Incidently do you do as a ready made unit a 7 UP with XPG's and a charger and if so how much, I am based in the UK.. thanks..