Light and Motion Stella 120 to XM-L T6 Mod
Decided to mod my old generation Light and Motion Stella 120 into an XM-L T6. I used an XML-T6 torch I picked up from DX. UltraFire T6 XM-L T6 385lm 5-Mode Memory White Light Zooming Flashlight - Black (1 x 18650)
The Stella housing unscrews backwards (righty loosey). The puck almost fits perfectly into the aluminum Stella heatsink; ALMOST. There's about a .5mm difference you have to grind down; I did it using a Dremel and some sandpaper. The switch on top doesn't work, I'll be putting an inline switch once I get around to it. Or if I can find a round switch that would fit into the original hole.
It's a pretty easy mod. I can now use the 18650 cells that I use for my other lights/packs. I'm not sure how the rear plastic housing will holdup to the XML heat but I guess I'll find out. :)