Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Ledil Regina reflector just in

just got some Ledil regina reflectors from Bram to have a play with

quick target shot at 2 metres from the target ignore the colour as I have not got to adding an XPE R3 to the test bed yet so used the natural one already there .

XPG

XPE

They do have a pretty tight bottom end so may go on one of Quazzles singles with a bit of dremeling

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutie-mtb
    They do have a pretty tight bottom end so may go on one of Quazzles singles with a bit of dremeling
    Thanks for the pics Troutie
    Do the locating pins fit nicely somewhere?
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Thanks for the pics Troutie
    Do the locating pins fit nicely somewhere?
    not on my 10 mm square boards I had to take them off and trim a bit out for the solder pad.

would be OK on a bigger board and just a fraction out on the round 10 mm boards .

will try for outdoor shots this weekend

help with the zip please
    Is it just me or does that XPG shot look just what we want for a helmet mount, tight bright centre with usable spill?

Thanks for sharing Chris.

Have / can you tried it on the MC-E?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26
    Is it just me or does that XPG shot look just what we want for a helmet mount, tight bright centre with usable spill?

Thanks for sharing Chris.

Have / can you tried it on the MC-E?

I have not yet shone it in the dark so no idea how far it goes the XPE looks tight

not a chance on an mce the hole is XP sized

mtbr member
    just got some Ledil regina reflectors from Bram to have a play with
    Ummm..Impressive....no one else asked yet so I'll be the first, what size are these reflectors and do they come in different sizes? ( diameter, length ) Can't wait to see the beam shots on the trail. ( Also, still waiting for a triple 20mm XP-E R-3 beam shot demo. )

Anyway, if the trail beam shots are narrow enough on the XP-G with regina, a nice helmet build ( a la amoeba ) either dual or 3-up might be forthcoming.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    ... what size are these reflectors and do they come in different sizes?
    http://www.ledil.com/datasheets/DataSheet_Regina.pdf
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Ummm..Impressive....no one else asked yet so I'll be the first, what size are these reflectors and do they come in different sizes? ( diameter, length ) Can't wait to see the beam shots on the trail. ( Also, still waiting for a triple 20mm XP-E R-3 beam shot demo. )

Anyway, if the trail beam shots are narrow enough on the XP-G with regina, a nice helmet build ( a la amoeba ) either dual or 3-up might be forthcoming.

they are looking promising will have to wait till night and may get to do the R3 @ 1.5 amps this weekend Well 1.4 amps if I get the Hipflex wired up.

mtbr member
    Thanks Znomit, Boss has my nose to the grindstone this week so I was too lazy to look it up myself. I like what I'm seeing with these. The beam pattern looks very similar to what I'm seeing with the XP-G drop-in reflector only the Regina is about 5mm smaller in diameter. Looks like these could be good for compact builds....depending on the outcome of the Troutie trail beam shot comparison.

mtbr member

Regina In The Woods

Finally the darkness arrived before I had some beer this time so got to do some shots .
    They look pretty good for a single led light .
    but what is not quite shown in the pics is they have a very defined cut off at the edge which you may like or hate .

first is the XPE @ 1 amp

now the XPG @ 1 amp

Heidi for a comparison not looking too great

I am impressed they both are very useable
    Last edited by troutie-mtb; 05-23-2010 at 05:57 AM.

help with the zip please
    OOh I like very much. Is the G at 1A or 1.4A on the hipflex? There certainly is a noticeable difference in output.

Thanks for sharing Chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26
    OOh I like very much. Is the G at 1A or 1.4A on the hipflex? There certainly is a noticeable difference in output.

Thanks for sharing Chris

The xpg is at 1 amp as I can only use the bench power supply to go higher and did not have a 3 mile cable .and have not yet used the hipflex .

I am likeing the way ledil are going getting better use from less lumens can only be good for us would like to do a 1 amp and 1.5 amp pic from the xpg in the woods .

just a thought for the EExperts could I use my bench power supply useing an inverter from the car battery I have the inverter just dont know if it will work without trying but dont want to kill anything

mtbr member
    Yep, the G does look good. A two or 3 - up on the helmet using the reginas could work. It's amazing how well an XP-G can throw when you put all the light where it's needed.

Troutie, anyway you can show us what a two or 3up xpg beam pattern might look like with the regina?

Troutie, about the bench power supply. It depends on how much power (watts) the bench supply draws and how much (watts) the inverter is rated for. One of the web sites I visited that sells only inverters suggested having an inverter rated for 2x the rating of the load device. According to the website this had something to do with initial surge current coming into play.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hi there Trout, My 400W inverter runs my 200W lab power supply fine. I hear some moaning and groaning, works fine. The inverter is quite a load on the battery though. Later, James

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    +1 on the XP-G 3-up shot! I'd love to see that! The 1-up already looks great, much potential hehehehe : )

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The more I look at it...the more I'm really loving that XP-G 1A pic. I'm thinking some sort of "double-barrel" thing is in order. Hmmm...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed
    The more I look at it...the more I'm really loving that XP-G 1A pic. I'm thinking some sort of "double-barrel" thing is in order. Hmmm...
    ....Make it and they shall buy...

what a joke
    They look impressive on the XPG.

Newbie question....can they be fitted to the 7UP?
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Oz - Having looked at the datasheet, thats a big no, too big, too deep

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...th-a-big-heart

Are you keeping this from us, Mr T? 7 Up's little brother is born!

what a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisterG
    Oz - Having looked at the datasheet, thats a big no, too big, too deep

Thanks mate, I thought it was a little optimistic.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How does this compare with the Ledil LXP? Datasheets show a 0.5 degree FHWM difference so they would seem comparable on paper, but we all know how that goes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisterG
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...th-a-big-heart

Are you keeping this from us, Mr T? 7 Up's little brother is born!

Ha Ha that is what happens when you leave your machinist to play with some leds and optics looks sweet though .

going to fine tune it a bit and see what happens .

Hell would be a nice beam in on the 7 up but sadly no chance.

MtbikerTi
    probably the best beam on the xpg I have seen so far more experiments soon .

mtbr member
    Ha Ha that is what happens when you leave your machinist to play with some leds and optics looks sweet though .

going to fine tune it a bit and see what happens .

Hell would be a nice beam in on the 7 up but sadly no chance.

MtbikerTi
    probably the best beam on the xpg I have seen so far more experiments soon .
    ...Trouts...that is a nice beam pattern on that light. Is this a 35mm board with XP-G? What are the optics? The build looks a little big on the helmet but what the hey. In this case beam pattern trumps size ( which in this case is really not all that bad, looks about the size of my xr-e quad.) I really like how almost all the light goes forward. This is what a helmet light is supposed to do. So far this is one of the best Helmet light beam patterns I have seen on a light. Can't wait to see what a triple G with Regina's will do..( hint, hint )

mtbr member
    ...Trouts...that is a nice beam pattern on that light. Is this a 35mm board with XP-G? What are the optics? The build looks a little big on the helmet but what the hey. In this case beam pattern trumps size ( which in this case is really not all that bad, looks about the size of my xr-e quad.) I really like how almost all the light goes forward. This is what a helmet light is supposed to do. So far this is one of the best Helmet light beam patterns I have seen on a light. Can't wait to see what a triple G with Regina's will do..( hint, hint )

This is no ground breaking set up just the old faithfull Carclo 20 mm triple with 3 XPE R3 leds @ 1 amp
    I asked him to shrink down the 7 up style to fit the 20 mm optic with quazzles driver on board triple in mind but he did the first proto with space inside for a Bflex .

Just waiting for a controlable board and then a few tweaks to make it smaller and more surface area .

then back on topic ref the Regina I have managed to cram 2 on to XPGs in the battery on board test rig so just waiting till dark for a walk in the woods .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast