mtbr member
    Aug 2007

New question here. L&M Vega or NR MiNewt.X2?

I have been looking for a cheaper light so that I will be seen when I ride at night. I will be doing 99% of my night riding on roads. I have narrowed down my options to two lights...Light & Motion Vega ($130 from performancebikes.com) and the NiteRider MiNewt.X2 ($130 from bikesmart.com). Also considering the Dinotte 200.

Which is better?
    Last edited by gdpolk; 11-15-2007 at 02:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Definitely X2 = you are getting about 150 lumens for 3,5 hours instead 85 for 2 hours...

prefers the wide stance
    Sep 2007
    no brainer

I think the L&M still uses a luxeon 3 (not sure though). I have a minewt x2 and it is using one of the latest & greatest LED's. Surprisingly bright lights

the dual units are a huge plus when it comes to beam options as well. I can ride off road decently with these lights, but a good helmet light is necessary for anything at speed.

go with the NR

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Forget these expensive luxury items, buy a Fenix with the latest Cree/Seoul leds for ~$60 plus a holder for another $5. Lumens output is around 200, and there are no wires and external battery to worry about. Runtime is OK, but if its lacking you can always have a few spare batteries in your pocket.
    Can't beat it for the price... Dinotte had a sale of the 200L AA for $99, but not anymore...