mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Kudos to George of TaskLed

As many of you have surmised I am a total newbie. I was programming and testing my new XML light using an old cygolite 3.7V battery and ran into problems. I initially thought it was my lack of understanding the 27page manual;-) I emailed George and I cannot believe how concerned and helpful he was that one (ignorant) user was having some issues. I thought I had screwed up the programming and then I thought I could have possibly damaged the Lflex in the build. We eventually eliminated a slew of possible problems and hit on the fact that my old cygolite 3.7V must have a protection circuit that does not allow it to discharge over 1000 or 1500mA. The battery was just shutting down as it was designed to do. I received my new battery today (5A max discharge rate) and everything works as intended.
    Again, George is great. I know that most of you already know this, but this is my first taskled product. He not only produces a superior product but gives excellent customer service.
    Andy

mtbr member
    I agree 100%, he's a super nice chap. He's helped me progress from complete ignoramous to only mildly incompetent, which is a marvel in itself. Added to the fact that his products are just awesome means I can never understand why people wouldn't want to use his drivers

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Best drivers on the planet and service to match!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet
    I agree 100%, he's a super nice chap. He's helped me progress from complete ignoramous to only mildly incompetent, which is a marvel in itself. Added to the fact that his products are just awesome means I can never understand why people wouldn't want to use his drivers
    Ditto. He's a stand up guy and has been most helpful to me. Excellent products.

mtbr member
    A great guy and brilliant drivers. Fast tech support too. Perfect for us geek types.

I do find they are too complex for some though.
    If George could offer custom pre-programmed boards at a slight extra cost it might help the newbies to simply get their light already set up.

I find I have to program them for my friends and get them to promise not to mess it up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofroad'bent
    I find I have to program them for my friends and get them to promise not to mess it up.
    as long as you set them up on the UIBQ(quiet) setting, so that they don't flash when you plug them in, it's actually quite hard to get into the menu mode, particularly by accident. Always takes me a couple of tries to do it, especially with waterproof connectors.

Dirt Deviant
    George is awesome!
    Always helpful, and ships fast.
    A great guy deal with.
    Not to mention that he makes THE best drivers out there.

As far as the complexity of the programming, I don't find it hard to program AT ALL.
    You just need to RTFM......= )
    When I ordered my first driver from George, before it showed up, I sat down with the manual and read it from top to bottom.
    At the time it didn't make alot of sense to me since I had never used one of the drivers.
    But once it showed up and I got my light built and fired up, I felt like I kinda had a grasp on what to do.
    Most importantly is to sit down and read the manual before you do anything. Read everything. The whole thing.
    Then everytime you finish a light, sit down with the manual and program it.
    My first light took me about 30 minutes to program, and my most recent one about 5-10 minutes.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    George is awesome!
    Always helpful, and ships fast.
    A great guy deal with.
    Not to mention that he makes THE best drivers out there.

As far as the complexity of the programming, I don't find it hard to program AT ALL.
    You just need to RTFM......= )
    When I ordered my first driver from George, before it showed up, I sat down with the manual and read it from top to bottom.
    At the time it didn't make alot of sense to me since I had never used one of the drivers.
    But once it showed up and I got my light built and fired up, I felt like I kinda had a grasp on what to do.
    Most importantly is to sit down and read the manual before you do anything. Read everything. The whole thing.
    Then everytime you finish a light, sit down with the manual and program it.
    My first light took me about 30 minutes to program, and my most recent one about 5-10 minutes.
    Yes, I'm a hopeless DIY light addict too. I read the whole thing through as well before the L-flex arrived, and love all the options.

I don't think my buddies will make it through 20+ pages though, and I find I'm programming them all the same.