Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

kLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote

Spring has sprung and its already hot as hell!! so I built myself a new helmet light, to match up to my 1000lm dynamo light....now to go night riding!!

This one has a control box with battery input and also a wireless bar mounted remote....as you know the Dynamo changes its power for any given speed, so I just cycle the helmet light via the bar remote when I hit a downhill section...

6x XP-E2 @ 500mA ea lamp. Leds wired 3S2P on a B3flex (@1000mA) ~1200lm (on paper)

Custom kLite 7 o-ring LED housing w integrated cable gland
    Custom 3D printed box and helmet mount, made for to fit the helmet

hope everyone is well and still rocking it out, new website and dynamo product now LIVE, finished off on my new 3D printer...

enjoy

Ktronik

kLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1467.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1457.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1458.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1459.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1460.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1461.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1462.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1463.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1464.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1465.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-img_1466.jpg

Light freak
    Nice, digging the 3D printed parts

What kind of material are you using?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Nice, digging the 3D printed parts

What kind of material are you using?

3d printing is a full on head trip...once you relise you can make pretty much anything you want in, plastic (PLA, ABS, PET) or Wood or rubber or a clay like material, forget the name... all my bar mounts, helmet mounts, and electronic enclosures, tools to repair my fox forks are done on my printer...PLA plastic is super tough!! I made a 26mm socket for my fox fork, and it is tuff as nails. ABS plastic has flex, so is used for mounts, BOXs ext.

I only started a few months ago with the printer and now, I have done all this...

About Ktronik - Thingiverse

you can make them pretty cheap, and there is lots of kits to try starting @ $200!! the same price you would pay for a rear hub...printbot is a cheap and simple one to start with, and tinkerCAD is a super easy to use cad program... mate every one should have a 3D printer if your all makey and stuff...

Light freak
    Yes, I have been watching your progress with your 3D printed parts on your Facebook page. I got a buddy that just got a Makerbot, just waiting for him to get it fired up.

mtbr member
    Once you make one, you can just printout another for a mate...

mtbr member
    Well I have learnt a heaps! and what not to do is still very helpfull...

mtbr member
    if anyone needs help on where to start, PM me...K

Rep Power Infinity +2
    Nice work Mate. I have an UP mini 3D printer but still need to find the time to make something, but like you say the possibilities are endless

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Awesome! Could you tell more about remote control unit, TX/RX modules used, power supply for TX, possible MCU?

mtbr member
    ditto Toaster's request ^

cool work on the 3D printing, hopefully I'll be ready to start learning about in a couple of years after I've figured out how to use my lathe!

mtbr member
    I think everyone needs both, lathe and 3D printer...I have seen people with 3D printers, 'print out' a mini lathe!! so you never know...I might get my Lathe yet...

You know I would never do any hard work when doing stuff for myself, as I got a few orders on its just a full dodge quicky build...using the hack and slash approach...

kLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-remote02.jpgkLite dual helmet light w wireless bar remote-remote01.png

hacked up a mom action car remote, and put the relay in line with another switch to the b3flex switch input...both switches work the same, for all actions...

in the main control box on my light is the receiver section and the bflex...only note is, you can't have the two, too close together when switching @ high power...

hacked the sender with another 'tact' switch, tossed the remote cover and fitted glue lined heatshrink...other than that it works great...

if you run a bar light from a battery, you would combine this sender circuit into the bag light switch unit, so you could have both switches on tap or both lights on the one switch...

dino direct is where I got my little module...less than $10 shipped.

enjoy

Kerry

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    What are the dimensions on the receiver?

mtbr member
    hi mate, module is 31.5mm x 32.5mm comes w a project case of, 36x42x25mm...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ah, too big to slip into a 22mm housing.

Maybe something like this would also work.

DC3 5V Remote Control ON OFF Relay Switch Receiver Transmitter Wireless Switch Mini 30*13*12mm Momentary Toggle 315MHZ-in Switches from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

I am planning out a dual XM-L helmet light and would love wireless mode switch.

mtbr member
    badarse dude!! but if using 14.8v input, maybe use a switcher rather than a liner reg to drop to 5v...

these are tiny!!

http://www.pololu.com/catalog/category/131

let us know how you go b ro!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Ah, too big to slip into a 22mm housing.

Maybe something like this would also work.

DC3 5V Remote Control ON OFF Relay Switch Receiver Transmitter Wireless Switch Mini 30*13*12mm Momentary Toggle 315MHZ-in Switches from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

I am planning out a dual XM-L helmet light and would love wireless mode switch.
    Won't do. It's a toggle type remote switch. Press -> ON, Press -> Off

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster79 View Post
    Won't do. It's a toggle type remote switch. Press -> ON, Press -> Off
    They have the ability to be set up as a momentary or toggled or latched.

I was thinking of using this driver as it will operate with normal off mom.

mtbr member
    I have also found the one w a button on board, can be programmed for the 3 states....

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Since the RX module consumes so liitle power it could be powered with a singl cell from a pack. I doubt, there would be noticable difference in cells discharge.

mtbr member
    Can't see a issue for the batts with a center taped pack, but do feel you would have a more reliable operation from a voltage regulated recivier input, given the voltage range of your target cell.

Not going to hurt to try, you using the 5v relay version?? What pack??

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Giving this thread a bump because I just ordered a wireless module from dino direct. Cant wait to have wireless functionality on my helmet light. Also ordered a 2 channel module to control the two h6 flexes that run the 42 xp-e leds on the ceiling in dads garage work shop.

mtbr member
    cool, please post pic with done///

mtbr member
    Awesome stuff, like the light and the mount. Checked our your stuff at thingiverse, very impressive. And now I know what to ask Santa for this year (though I probably deserve a lump of coal).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffyPuffy View Post
    Awesome stuff, like the light and the mount. Checked our your stuff at thingiverse, very impressive. And now I know what to ask Santa for this year (though I probably deserve a lump of coal).
    thx mate, lots of **** printers that will never work for sale, out there, hard to know what to get, drop me a line if needed...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Still impatiently awaiting delivery of my wireless modules from dinodirec and just got an email about a delay. In the mean time I should work out a normal switch to go with. I like the little tactile switches you use, any idea of a part number. See quite a few different ones on digikey, mouser, frys.com ect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast