Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

KENTRO ( 10W LED P7) Bicycle HeadLamp

It's my honor to being a member but I am newbie in ride.
    Just want to share what I have developed.

To Admin : please delete if this threads is against any forum rules. Thanks.

more details
    Last edited by LITEmania; 10-11-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    LITEmania <- English site
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member

beamshot

Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

price ?

price ???

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Nice. I wish I could read the prices in US dollar though.
    (I'm sure there must be something I can download, someone?)

mtbr member
    Price will be announced within one week both at CPF and MTBR.
    I believe many members here has 7.4V battery pack with 3.5mm DC Jack female.
    You may buy only the head.

Also you may input some color change filter (LeeFilter) between front glass and collimator lens.
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LITEmania
    Price will be announced within one week both at CPF and MTBR.
    I believe many members here has 7.4V battery pack with 3.5mm DC Jack female.
    You may buy only the head....Also you may input some color change filter (LeeFilter) between front glass and collimator lens.
    Mr. Cho, welcome to the MTBreview light forum. A very interesting light you have made. Is the light made with a switch that dims? If yes, how does the switch work? The photos are not clear just how the light mounts to the handlebars but from what I can see there looks to be just a nylon/rubber mount with Velcro strap(s) holding the lighthead on. Is this correct? I very much like the idea that you have incorporated of being able to add additional lenses to change the color of the beam. This was an idea that I too thought up some time ago and mentioned on the forums. Unfortunately, no other manufacture ( that I know of..) has yet developed a light that has changeable lenses to add color to the beam. You are the first...congratulations. ...Now don't keep us waiting long for the price..

SBK
    HMFIC
    We've had discussion with Warren over on CandlePower Forums regarding this light and his design. You can find that thread here.

Some info from that discussion, to your questions:

-Filters for beam shaping and color adjustment are user-swappable
    -Mounting via TwoFish Lockblock
    -Will be offered in two output configs: Medium/High and Flash/High
    -Offered with DSWOJ P7 emitter
    -PWM driver circuit @ 2A
    -Optic is 37.3mm (MR11-ish)
    -On/Off/On 3-position toggle, switching across the Off position switches output level/mode
    Mark
    "Anger is a gift..."

mtbr member
    SBK : Thanks.

Switch operation
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member
    I just read the thread that was given over on CPF. As such all my questions have been answered but one...price. I like the stuff I was reading over on CPF. If I was to buy this light I would certainly want the Kentro with the High-Med option. I also like the idea of the narrow filter if I chose to use this helmet mounted. Like the others on CPF I too would like to see a beam shot of the Kendro with the narrow filter compared to the standard flood setup.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anxiously awaiting pricing info. And as an off roader, my vote would be for a 2 mode (low/high).

Also, I'd like to see complete packages (light, mount, battery, charger) just to keep it simple.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    I just read the thread that was given over on CPF. As such all my questions have been answered but one...price. I like the stuff I was reading over on CPF. If I was to buy this light I would certainly want the Kentro with the High-Med option. I also like the idea of the narrow filter if I chose to use this helmet mounted. Like the others on CPF I too would like to see a beam shot of the Kendro with the narrow filter compared to the standard flood setup.

Due to the nature of collimator and largest LED die,
    the Center beam with narrow filter is not tight, plus LESS spill.
    Last edited by LITEmania; 10-07-2008 at 01:23 AM.
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member

(Two pictures were taken at different day.)
    Camera is too sensitive for the light.
    By my eye, side spill is too weak with Narrow beam filter.
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Would love to see pricing soon. Its getting dark here in the states and my search for lights has been narrowed down to yours & Dinotte. I really like your design and the fact that you are using a P7. Airbike's design and battery seem nice, but the price hike recently made theirs a non-start.

mtbr member

This is the heatsink and engine where the circuit locates.
    P7 is not a robust mechanical part, but a thermal sensitive optoelectronics part.
    Even with our heatsink and completly assembled KENTRO running at 2A,
    the temperature goes up to 55+ C if you leave on the floor.

Please buy a P7 light, not a portable P7 oven...

Price will be announced on Saturday at CPF.

warren,
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Lumen output and run time on high?

Thx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323

Thx
    I will drive DSW0J at 2A (approx.) in High mode,
    I have no method or measuring equipment for the lumen output of Kentro.

I guestimate power dissipation will be less than 8Watt in High mode.

warren,
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Warren Cho
    Manufacturer
    litemania@gmail.com

Stray Bullet
    Anyone want to guesstimate how this would match up with the AirBike light?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Anyone want to guesstimate how this would match up with the AirBike light?
    I just ordered one and will post my findings when I get it. By my eye (and I am not an LED nut or DIY geek from CPF.... just a guy who wants a bright light).... the Kentro version looks better built and has more heat-sinking than the AirBike. The flexibility of the Kentro version of different filters and lenses make it a better option IMHO. Plus the Kentro version has an extension cord which should allow me to helmet mount the unit if I so choose. Parts should be readily avaliable too which is a big plus.

In the end, LiteMania's repuatation on CPF and his apparent skill in building high quality pieces won my vote in dollars. No, I am not a paid member of LiteMania's team,... just a long time lurker, first time poster on MTBR. I have a longer history on BikeForums.... and a longer one still on many car sites(NSXPrime.com, MY.IS, S2ki.org...) I will post a full review once I get the light... I for one am excited. I put HID's in all my cars that don't come with them,.... and it was tiring getting on my bike with its 3W luxeon Minewt and barely being able to see a thing. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323
    Thx
    According to SSC P7 datasheet it should have at least 600 emitter lumens. Runtime depends on capacity of your battery pack.

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiroshima
    I just ordered one and will post my findings when I get it. By my eye (and I am not an LED nut or DIY geek from CPF.... just a guy who wants a bright light).... the Kentro version looks better built and has more heat-sinking than the AirBike. The flexibility of the Kentro version of different filters and lenses make it a better option IMHO. Plus the Kentro version has an extension cord which should allow me to helmet mount the unit if I so choose. Parts should be readily avaliable too which is a big plus.

In the end, LiteMania's repuatation on CPF and his apparent skill in building high quality pieces won my vote in dollars. No, I am not a paid member of LiteMania's team,... just a long time lurker, first time poster on MTBR. I have a longer history on BikeForums.... and a longer one still on many car sites(NSXPrime.com, MY.IS, S2ki.org...) I will post a full review once I get the light... I for one am excited. I put HID's in all my cars that don't come with them,.... and it was tiring getting on my bike with its 3W luxeon Minewt and barely being able to see a thing. Cheers.
    I'm surprised you didn't put a 13w 570 lumen HID on your bike sooner, there've been $200 complete options by Trail-tech for years

Stray Bullet
    I wonder how it matches up to the Hanlite Gold model, 900 lumens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Hanlite-SSC-...d=p3911.c0.m14

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    I wonder how it matches up to the Hanlite Gold model, 900 lumens.
    That one is a bit heavier (big battery) and a lot more expensive. Better comparison is the premium 700 lumen as it drives the P7 at 2.1A rather than 2.8A like the Gold. The Kentro drives the P7 at 2A and cost $14 more. I assume the Gold has a better bin P7 also. Hard to see how well the Hanlite is heatsinked - anyone from CPF have the 411 on them?

Hmm - litemania sells 9 different Hanlite products on his website - batteries, mounts, cables - maybe he can give feedback on their quality...heh

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Hanlite-SSC-...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Last edited by syadasti; 10-12-2008 at 05:32 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti
    That one is a bit heavier (big battery) and a lot more expensive. Better comparison is the premium 700 lumen as it drives the P7 at 2.1A rather than 2.8A like the Gold. The Kentro drives the P7 at 2A and cost $14 more. I assume the Gold has a better bin P7 also. Hard to see how well the Hanlite is heatsinked - anyone from CPF have the 411 on them?

Hmm - litemania sells 9 different Hanlite products on his website - batteries, mounts, cables - maybe he can give feedback on their quality...heh

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Hanlite-SSC-...d=p3286.c0.m14
    I was considering ordering the Kentro, but now with this option I'm not so sure. I like the mounting hardware better on the Hanlite, plus it ships in 2-3 days vs Nov 7th. Description states the Hanlite Premium includes both handlbar and helmet mounts. The photo for the Premium does not show the helmet mount, but the Gold version photo does. So I wonder if the Premium will actually include it. My biggest concern is if the heatsinking is adequate on the Hanlite.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I think heatsinking will be adequate provided you're moving >10mph.
    These light-makers tend to do everything in terms of flashlights/static, and they underestimate the significant effect of heat transfer from moving air.

My old mr11 lamps would get hot enough to melt the plastic parts if left standing, but when moving even slowly in the summer at 90f+ they hardly ever got so warm I couldn't handle them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast