I don't huck.
    Jun 2005

Just how big are these battery packs?

Been having fun reading about DIY LED bike lights. Besides the fun and cost savings, I was thinking the battery packs would be smaller/lighter than what my store bought lights use (fits in a small water bottle), however I am getting the feeling that these triple seoul or triple cree lights demand quite a bit of battery.

Just how big/heavy are these 14.8V battery packs? Any pics or links?

I assume that running less LEDs, like two LEDs on the helmet instead of three, requires less battery size/weight?

Do It Yourself
    A 14.8V battery can be as small as a 4 cell 18650 Li-Ion pack and burn a system at 1A for about 2.5 hours with the better cells. Although I don't necessarily recommend buying from them, Battery Space does have a fairly good selection to look at:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...S&Category=898
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    My 14.8V battery pack could easliy fit in a small water bottle. You'd have to cut the bottle in half, or disassemble the battery though, because the battery won't fit through the mouth of a water bottle as is.

I used this battery for my DIY 3 LED light. I put it in a small pack wedged into my bottle cage along with straps to secure it to the frame.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2486
    3" W x 2.65" L x 1.5" H
    368 g

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Oh, that looks good, smaller than I had come to imagine. I like to pack a light if I am heading out on an epic later in the day just in case, but the extra weight can be a bummer.

Thanks for the links. I think I will play around with making one of these things just for fun.