More carbon fiber please!
    May 2008

Interesting find looking for new Nightsun XC batteries...

$100 - $150 for new NiCad batteries from Nightsun. Talked to my Interstate Batteries rep and they have them for $40. P/N NIC0310. I can find a new water bottle and expanding foam with the money saved, lol. Just need to check and make sure Interstate is aware of Nightsun's shady color-coding reversal trick at the plug.

Having just found my old Nightsuns, ran across your post while researching battery alternatives. I do note the Interstate battery is only 2300 mAh, so much shorter run time (thinking of my higher capacity Nightsun battery). Still, cheaper than a Nightsun battery. Did you ever get one of these? Questions if you did: Was the plug the same type as the Nightsun or did you need to change it? What kind of package were the batteries configured in?
    Last edited by Bikinfoolferlife; 11-13-2008 at 02:42 AM.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2008
    I have not. What is the rating on the original battery?

30Wh and 40Wh is Nightsun's spec for their two dual light batteries (at 12V that's 2500 mAh, 3300 mAh respectively). So a bit less than stock 30Wh, much less than the 40Wh version. For $40 vs $100 or $150 respectively from Nightsun, it's a nobrainer deal still, especially if it comes with the same connector and a form you could use without modding, as long as the run time is okay for your use....
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique