Rep Power Infinity +2

inline fuse for battery

Sick of bulky fuses I am going to try these fuses soldered between the battery lead and plug with a bit of heatshrink over the top for my high current lipo packs . The fuse is only there in case of a battery short so in reality should never need changing. As you can see from the picture the fuse is nice and small. The one pictured is a 5A next to a 20mm star board

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by brad72
    Sick of bulky fuses I am going to try these fuses soldered between the battery lead and plug with a bit of heatshrink over the top for my high current lipo packs . The fuse is only there in case of a battery short so in reality should never need changing. As you can see from the picture the fuse is nice and small. The one pictured is a 5A next to a 20mm star board

Have you considered resetable fuses? I believe they come in similar sizes, but are good for more than one use. If you search for PTC or polyswitch you'll probably find them. Not sure if you can get 5amp in surface mount, but I've seen 2.5amp ones.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    Thanks for that. Will have a look at the polyswitches and get some with my next RS order.