Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

I'm sure this 4100 lumens flashlight is old news to some of you...

but for the rest of you.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/W...ghts-74-0.html

Oh and btw, any of us could build something similar... its just a 100W-12V car headlight bulb in a smaller package. Those suckers put out a LOT of heat at close range which is why car headlights tend to put the glass lense a good 4" or so ahead of the bulb, and its thick to absorb the heat and spread it over a large area.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Master of None
    If it sounds too good to be true... Well, you know the rest.

Bandolero

Proven Technlology is better

I think I'd like to have a Polarion PH40 HID to frighten those within 2-4 miles of the trail.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

They mentioned the Polarion in the blurb about the new flashlight, as it was the previous record holder. I'm not sure how much proven you want than a halogen flashlight. Its not exactly new technology. Incidently the price difference here...this one is $300, the polarion is $2200.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Master of None
    A halogen incandescent bulb with a 2000 hour lifetime is about 20 lumens per watt. Their spec's don't add up.

No, that's not phonetic
    "Battery Lifetime: 15 Minutes"

Nice.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by presslab
    A halogen incandescent bulb with a 2000 hour lifetime is about 20 lumens per watt. Their spec's don't add up.
    #1 Its a 14.4V battery, so 20% overvolt cranks the luminous flux 89%. #2 20 lumens a watt may be true for an MR11 halogen bulb, but larger bulb types, especially the ones used for car headlights are more efficient in terms of lumens per watt. MR16s are generally in excess of 35 lumens per watt (depending on model, 35 is at the low-end).

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    "Battery Lifetime: 15 Minutes"

Nice.
    At least they include the dozen 2/3A size batteries and the charger with the thing. Would not be hard to take the head from the thing and adapt it to take an external battery pack of larger capacity. Personally I wouldn't complain if they went with a longer handle (like the triple-D length Maglight size) and used 4/3A or Sub-C 4500mah batteries instead.

Master of None
    Read the thread on CandlePowerForums. Their spec's are exaggerated.

A lamp with 35 lumens/watt (or one 'overvolted' to get that efficiency) would have a lifetime of about 50 hours; a lot of projector lamps are like this. It's not really a problem though, that would be 200 cycles on the batteries!

It is a cool light though, don't get me wrong.