mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Ideas for Handlebar Mount?

Just got my Trinewt in, and it doesn't fit on my road bars (yeah, yeah, I know this is mtbr, but you guys are very creative). The bars are 31.8 carbon with wings, so there's only a small amount of space on each side of the stem clamp. The accessory mounts I've seen (FSA Control Panel, ITM) are reputed to be pretty flimsy, and they only have a single clamp. Was hoping for some ideas on how to make one that could clamp on each side of the stem (using QR if possible) and then hold a piece of PVC pipe or something else wound on which I can attach the Trinewt. Ideas?

Singletrack Daydreamer
    Two ideas: Performance Space Bar
    or Marwi bar mount I've used the Marwi on oversized bars, as the hard plastic inserts can be removed to accommodate them. I use them on my homebrews by cutting off the top part and sanding the surface flat, then using that super-stregth velcro from Radio Shack to mount them.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnway
    Two ideas: Performance Space Bar
    or Marwi bar mount I've used the Marwi on oversized bars, as the hard plastic inserts can be removed to accommodate them. I use them on my homebrews by cutting off the top part and sanding the surface flat, then using that super-stregth velcro from Radio Shack to mount them.
    Thanks. The Performance one looks like the strap is too wide. The Marwi one may work (like the QR), but the Trinewt mounts with a strap that goes around the bars, so I'd like to get something that has a round piece so I can strap the light onto it. Any ideas on how to convert the Marwi to something like that?

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    See if you can find some different sized o-rings. I know they have their special little strap, but it isn't very versatile, IMO. The way the whole thing bolts together will lend itself to trapping a larger o-ring in place (see if you can find a big thick one), and then you can size it so it will fit around your bar, or even the wing section. You'll just lose that handy pull tab (but a zip tie or tape around the o-ring will put it back).

I think they could have done a better job on that mount.

Hope that helps!