mtbr member
    Mar 2007

How To Wire This up

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a collection of odds and ends, and have an Exposure Lights Enduro Turbo body, from a while back.

How would you wire it up. See the pic for my options. A 4up 26mm board, and a 3up 20mm board fit nicely in the already there holes at the front of the body, and the back will hold 4 x 18650 batteries. So, How and what would you use.

I have a Hipflex, Max Flex and a Bflex, all hanging around. There is room in the body between that copper heatsink that is attached to the head, and the battery cavity for the height of the Hip.

I have 4up XPG boards in series, and 3 up XPG boards in series as well.

Is the difference in Vf of the two boards in parallel an issue????

My thoughts are to throw in the HipFlex and wire the two boards in parallel, and drive them with the Hip set at max 2000mah, or would it be better at max 1400mah due to the heat and internal batteries???????

What would you do?
    Defcon Cycles - Brisbane Australia

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    OR

Are people using 14.8V batteries with their 7up boards, and i could just treat it like that, with the Maxflex?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Setting them in parallel won't work very well since the resistance will be different between the 2 circuits. Running them in series with the Maxflex just like a 7up might be your best bet.

mtbr member
    That would be asking a lot from the maxflex off of 4 cells, but as long as you have good heat transfer from the maxflex that is about the only solution I can come up with too, unless you use a resistor to control between the two parallel strings.

Yeah 14.8 is the way to go

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Jumper out 1 emitter from the quad so it is a 3S board. Then use a 3S2P config with the HipFlex.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks Guys,

I will prob go a series string of the 7, with the maxflex, but set at a max of 750ma

That should keep it a little cooler but still should get plenty of light from an all in one.

How does that sound?

This will also allow me to keep the Hipflex for a bigger brighter project.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Hyperboost?

Hi again,

Anyone have any exp with the Hyperboost, am thinking of possibly using it if it will handle the boost up better for the 7 series XPGs from the 14.8 V

Would i get a cooler system using the Hyperboost at 1000ma than a Maxflex?

Would the Hyperboost handle the 1000ma better than the Maxflex, or is it basically doing the same thing, and not using its full potential?

Winter is coming here in Aus,

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stu44
    Hi again,

Anyone have any exp with the Hyperboost, am thinking of possibly using it if it will handle the boost up better for the 7 series XPGs from the 14.8 V

Would i get a cooler system using the Hyperboost at 1000ma than a Maxflex?

Would the Hyperboost handle the 1000ma better than the Maxflex, or is it basically doing the same thing, and not using its full potential?

Winter is coming here in Aus,

Thanks in advance

I would go with the Maxflex if only for the user interface and heat management aspects
    and run it at a lower current table to keep a good runtime .