mtbr member

How to build a 3S2P Battery Pack? I know.. Batteries, again..

I'm planning on building a 3s2p 18650 pack for my double xml/h6flex light.
    The lipo pack I'm using works great but is too much trouble to fiddle with the b6 charger, the adapters, menus, etc...

I was planning on getting this pcb

and this smart charger

Do you guys spot something wrong with this choice?

And what about the cells?? Which ones do you advise? (I’m in Europe and I'm trying to avoid huge shipping costs )

Would it be dangerous or inefficient to use protected cells ( like the cheap flame ones from dx ) on such a pack?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Does a board like that keep the cells balanced?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by P220C
    Does a board like that keep the cells balanced?

If you are asking if it balance charges the cells, I'm pretty sure it doesn’t. I'm under the impression that the vast majority of the li-on packs around do not do that. That, to keep the pack healthy and balanced, they rely on good quality cells that are from the same batch to be as similar as possible so that they discharge and charge at the same rate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I see.

I, personally, don't like the idea of a multi-cell li-ion/li-po pack that can't be balance charged, but that's just me being a wimp.

That said, if the board will reliably keep each cell from over-discharge and over-charge, then the risk of a 'vent with flame' event is negated, so it should be OK. The downside is a (possibly) shortened pack life.

Is that board relable? is the question.

On the other hand, hooking up several balance taps, scrolling through menus, and selecting the right cell count on a 'smart charger' is not free from risk either.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I got astonishingly fast/cheap shipping from HK/Singapore/?? to the UK from AW (from the cpfmarketplace.com dealer forum) recently. The downside is that his wares are premium (Panasonic, I think), so expensive to begin with.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Well, why not use a 3S 5000mAh hardcase LiPo ?
    The B6 charger detects the number of cells so it is safe. Balancing of the cells will increase the pack capacity and longevity.
    CNC LED light housing for DIY projects

mtbr member
    Is that board relable? is the question.
    The biggest question I posted hopping that someone had already had any experience with this board..

Quote Originally Posted by borrower
    I got astonishingly fast/cheap shipping from HK/Singapore/?? to the UK from AW (from the cpfmarketplace.com dealer forum) recently. The downside is that his wares are premium (Panasonic, I think), so expensive to begin with.
    I think I'm going to get some cells from him. tks for the tip.

Well, why not use a 3S 5000mAh hardcase LiPo ?
    The B6 charger detects the number of cells so it is safe. Balancing of the cells will increase the pack capacity and longevity.
    I'm using a 3S lipo right now. And yes, the b6 detects the number of cells... but I realy prefer the simplicity of a simple charger and battery pack.