mtbr member
    Sep 2007

hope vision 4 LED

Has anyone used or seen this new hope light?
    here's the link
    http://www.hopegb.com/voir_visled4.html

Any thoughts or opinions etc would be greatful.

I have just ordered one for the upcoming winter here in the UK

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegts
    here's the link

I picked one up in Feburary and I'm very happy with it. At the time it pretty much kicked every other light for quality/value/lumens. Still think its a pretty competitive light... I also own a Dinotte 600L and prefer the Hope light in most areas. A couple of things they could do better. The battery pack has a stretchy velcro strap for attaching to your bike frame... its a bit too stretchy and therefore doesn't hold the battery tightly enough. Dinotte does a much better battery pack. Also the helmet mount is pretty basic and doesn't allow you to detach the light easily... you either have to undo the velcro strap or use an allen key to detach the light from the mount. These are minor things and I would recommend the light overall.

Karl
    Last edited by kwarwick; 09-05-2008 at 06:07 PM.

mtbr member
    ilovegts have you tried it out yet?

My light and Motion ARC Lithium Ion recently died... anyone been able to compare the 2 lights as im looking at the hope as a replacement.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick
    I also own a Dinotte 600L and prefer the Hope light in most areas.
    How do you use these two lights together?
    Is it not a problem that both have flood-type beams?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegts
    here's the link

How much do these sell for ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have had one for about a month. Not yet used it for a full night ride - just the final hour of dusk, as the evenings are still light (I'm in England). It is a great light and there is nothing else close on price for the output(This probably won't be true in the US where there are masses of different lights). The bar mounting is excellent - quick and easy to use - but I agree with the reviewer above about the battery pack - the stretchy velcro strap is crap and the shape of the battery pack makes it pretty difficult to mount securely. The LBS said that the Hope lights were a lot more reliable than the Lupine or light and motion stuff they used to sell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have not yet received mine, it should be this week sometime. I do already have the 10w HID hope light so i will be comparing them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    comparing to my standard L&M ARC the hope 4 Leds is brighter. It's a great combination with the the ARC.
    I kept the ARC on my helmet (the Arc has a deeper spot) and put the Hope 4L on the bar.
    I have the endurance package with 2 Li batteries.
    Some details (helmet or bar mount and even packaging or box to store the lamp) are not at the level of L&M, I prefer the plug and play system for L&M.
    But I should recognize that the density of the light provided by the leds is quit impressive.

mtbr member
    here's a review and beamshot comparisons with iBlast!

New Hope Vision 4 LED first impressions

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    This a fantastic light and extremely well made with nice features like an inbuilt output reducer if the light gets to too hot. I got this light when it first came out and have used it quite a bit. I am now starting to use it again as the dark evenings are returning. The spread and eveness of the light is brilliant, and the only slight downside is the forward punch, which is very good without being brilliant. For quality of build the light can't be faulted and I actually like the velcro battery which fits perfectly under my stem(100mm stem).I wouldn't recommend it as a helmet light though due to the very wide beam. This is a great bar light.
    I actually have an Iblaast 2 for the helmet which is significantly brighter when used next to each other,and punches way ahead and also has a fairly wide beam, strange as both are rated at about 1000 lumens. The Iblaast 2 was slightly cheaper, see Nightlightning website.
    The Iblaast 2 doesn't reduce the power when hot so you really need to keep moving with this, or turn it down when you stop.
    Both are great lights, the Hope I would say is better built, with the Iblaast 2 brighter and punches ahead like a HID. Get either and you will be happy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete N
    This a fantastic light and extremely well made with nice features like an inbuilt output reducer if the light gets to too hot. I got this light when it first came out and have used it quite a bit. I am now starting to use it again as the dark evenings are returning. The spread and eveness of the light is brilliant, and the only slight downside is the forward punch, which is very good without being brilliant. For quality of build the light can't be faulted and I actually like the velcro battery which fits perfectly under my stem(100mm stem).I wouldn't recommend it as a helmet light though due to the very wide beam. This is a great bar light.
    I actually have an Iblaast 2 for the helmet which is significantly brighter when used next to each other,and punches way ahead and also has a fairly wide beam, strange as both are rated at about 1000 lumens. The Iblaast 2 was slightly cheaper, see Nightlightning website.
    The Iblaast 2 doesn't reduce the power when hot so you really need to keep moving with this, or turn it down when you stop.
    Both are great lights, the Hope I would say is better built, with the Iblaast 2 brighter and punches ahead like a HID. Get either and you will be happy.
    Same set-up as me there Pete - fairly devastating combo eh!?

Very well summed up. I would say I was slightly concerned over the estimated run-time of the Hope's battery as my night rides can be into the tree hours duration. It's never ran out on me yet. I find I switch it down if we stop for a few minutes here and there and I think it's this which may do it.

So, yes, buy ether and you'll be happy, or buy both your mates wont to be behind you!

mtbr member
    I will probably go for the hope when I upgrade.
    UK-Biking Shop now live - Also follow us on Facebook and Twitter