mtbr member

Having difficulty transferring GPX tracks to Edge 205

I got a couple GPX files from MTBGuru.com and wanted to upload them to my Edge 205. When I run the .GPX file it launches the MotionBased agent and has the option to "Send". When I click Send first it says "Data file successfully imported", then it however says "Imported data is not compatible with the device: EDGE205 Software Version 3.20 on Garmin USB GPS" .

I am able to download tracks from my Edge 205 but I can't seem to send any GPX based tracks to it. Any ideas on what I should try?

Thanks in advance for the help.

mtbr member
    I tried downloading Sporttracks and opening the GPX files from MTB Guru using Sporttracks and it says that the file "is not a recognized file type and could not be imported" seems like the GPX files from MTBGuru are the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

mtbr member
    Tried taking their working google earth .KML file and converting to GPX and it still gives me the same error... The only GPX files I've gotten to work are the ones I downloaded from MotionBased.

mtbr member
    I found a solution by using the GPX2CRS utility to convert the GPX files to CRS course files that Garmin Training Center was able to work with. I would recommend this option to anyone that is having the same type of issue.