mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Has anyone tried this Cutter Kit?

I'm curious if anyone has tried this Cutter MRE 11 kit?

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut947

If so what are the pro's and cons? Any beam shots?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T.
    I'm curious if anyone has tried this Cutter MRE 11 kit?

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut947

If so what are the pro's and cons? Any beam shots?
    Cutter MCE MR11 Kit

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Dave, I've built a few MCE lights.Fraen reflector comparisons
    The last one I did was not a Cutter kit but used the same MCE and Narrow Fraen reflector.
    I did find that the lens had an unbelievable amount of throw but not much fill on the sides.
    Sort of like a Torch type beam.
    My intent was to make a double MCE helmet light using those same reflectors, but I found them a bit too narrow for my taste. I mixed it up with a frosted wide lens and it was better.
    You still might be OK with the kit, but you might try also ordering an IRIS lens from some of the sellers at CandlePowerForums.
    Bram should have a few in stock, plus any other lenses that you think may work.
    In lieu of this kit you may want to try and do an XPG kit, which should put out more lumens than the MCE. Both kits should fit the same housing.
    I built one a few months ago and found that the quad setup with a Cute Narrow lens is quite good. I like the pattern a lot better than the Fraen/MCE combo.Quad XPG light
    You can do it in a quad or triple setup as well,either way for a helmet unit it's hard to beat.
    Not quite as much throw but it's more usable and has better fill. GT4 and Cute 4 beam shots with bonus
    Good luck and post when you're done.
    Last edited by joebreez; 04-01-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Eric S