View Poll Results: What holders do you want?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1S2P

0 0%
  • 1S3P

0 0%
  • 1S4P

0 0%
  • 2S1P

0 0%
  • 2S2P

5 50.00%
  • 3S1P

3 30.00%
  • 4S1P

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Group buy of 18650 holders for EU

Thanks to cosmoworks for pointing out the new Batteryspace holders for 18650 cells with PCB

http://www.batteryspace.com/Li-Ion-1...installed.aspx

Due to the exorbitant shipping cost I propose to organize a group buy of those holders for us, European bikers (and Canadian too).

I will buy a large quantity of those holders and mail them across Europe. I think that I can arrange the same price, as Batteryspace (I will try to negotiate a wholesale price), for example - €15 for a 2P2S holder + mail expenses (around €7-10 per package).

What is your opinion on this idea and what holders do you need?

Also, I think that other countries outside of EU can join in this group buy.
    Last edited by zemike; 04-13-2010 at 04:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    1x 2s2p

Awesome, might be interested in more holders but for the moment you can count me as a solid order for one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I coul'd use two pieces 3S1P

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    According to the distribution of the votes, I should order 45% 2S2P, 22% 3S1P and 23% 4S1P.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    45 + 22 + 23 = 90%. What would you do with the rest?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My bad!
    45% 2S2P, 25% 3S1P and 30% 4S1P

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Is there not much interest in these? I assumed there would be many who would be up for this?

Anyway im currently stuck in the Canary Islands for a bit, hoping to fly to Madrid on wednesday, Dublin on Tednesday and then on to Stansted so if I dont respond to any PM's or anything thats why.

On a positive not some awesome riding out here!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    2 No 3S1P Please!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I might be interested but I don't understand how best to configure batteries for a bike light project. I have been following Quazzle's thread and have been drooling over some of the ingenuity and lights but know as much about electronics as would fit on the last character on this line.
    (Electronics For Dummies doesn't arrive for days)

I understand that Series boosts the output but why would you have 3S1P what does that do for output as opposed to 2S2P for instance? sorry if this is the wrong place to post

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Zemike: can i also order a 4S1P along with the 2S2P i have alread ordered

dickiebeau :in series voltage is increased, ie.

1S 3.7v
    2S 7.4v

putting them in parellel, increases capacity, ie.

2S1P 7.4v, 2000mah
    1S2P 3.7v, 4000mah

both of these configurations obviously have the same total energy since they are both comprised two cells. Voltage x Capacity = Energy.

Not been reading much about quazzles module but i assume its output is regulated so light output should be constant no matter the battery configuration, you just need to make sure that input voltage is within the allowable range, im pretty sure the high end is around 9v so that would limit you to a 2S configuration. Also remember that 18650 cells have a 4.2v peak when fresh of the charger.

Edit: Voltage Range............DC 4.8 - 9.5V

Yes you will be limited to a 2S configuration, 3 is too high (12.6v peak) and 1 is not high enough.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    dickybeau
    For the Quazzle triple you would need 2S1P for minimum weight or 2S2P for maximum runtime.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    zemike,

How much would the shipping be to the land downunder, seems crazy that its cheaper to go from states, to EU to Aus, but im sure it is, damn battery space shipping.

Let me know and ill be keen

Stu
    Defcon Cycles - Brisbane Australia

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    stu44
    If I am not mistaken, the shipping cost in a small packet to Australia will be around 15 for up to 3 holders.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Update: looks like it is possible to arrange this group buy, but it will consist only of 2S2P holders.

mtbr member
    I see they have pcb's built on. Can protected cells be used in these holders? That is what I have.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flyxaos
    I see they have pcb's built on. Can protected cells be used in these holders? That is what I have.
    I think that it is possible, but it will depend on the cut-off voltage of the battery PCB (which PCB will cut-off first)