Barrington Womble
    Aug 2010

German LED drivers !!

Hi Guys
    haven't seen any posting on this so I thought I would give a heads-up. led-tech.de have drivers for sale as used by My Tiny Sun in their uber pricey head units!!! Buck driver 4-18V input, upto 3.40A output looks good to me, any thoughts?
    Cheers

MyTinySun 3A Buck Constant Current Power Supply by LED-TECH.de

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Generally there is not much talk of drivers on here because George from taskled.com builds some darn good stuff. When a new better electrical component comes along he uses it. When we all cry for a certain feature or capability he builds it. Lflex is a good example of this.

Well if you live in Germany it may very well be easier faster and cheaper than taskled.com other wise there is no comparison. Taskled.com has the new generation b flex that can do 3A output on a similar input voltage range. The b-flex is also slightly smaller and programmable.

I am glad some one is at least looking at other sources maybe there will some day be something better than taskled.com.

Quazzle of lux-rc is making some nice light engines.

mtbr member
    Light engines are coming out of Michigan as well, As requested, 3 XM-L Driver/Emitter module DIY | BudgetLightForum.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phburns View Post
    Light engines are coming out of Michigan as well, As requested, 3 XM-L Driver/Emitter module DIY | BudgetLightForum.com
    I'm following his progress with the standalone driver with interest. Only downside is that you have to have access to the driver to program it and with a specific piece of equipment too. I'm also not sure that it allows the threemode style UI (low>[med>high]) that I love about the taskled drivers.

I do like the lower voltage overhead though - it'll make a 2 LED 2S li-ion set up much more feasible and more efficient than a linear driver like the lflex.

As for the German one, no particularly interested - torch UI and ramping are not my thing.

mtbr member
    I think he would program it however you like, with his setup he can get pretty elaborate pretty easily. 3 modes would probably be a cakewalk.

As for self programming, I don't have the necessaries but am considering the acquisition.

The longer I wait...the more options I have.

Currently I'm satisfied with 4 of quazzle's 2nd generation units.

mtbr member
    three modes I'm sure, but I'm after Threemode One click from low to med, then each click cycles between med and high, with a press to go back to low. Makes life so much easier on the bike.

mtbr member
    It's just a matter of click timing and programing, the hardware is there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    the ledtech driver is a new one.
    for german drivers, actually pcb-components.de

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by cagliari View Post
    Hi Guys
    haven't seen any posting on this so I thought I would give a heads-up. led-tech.de have drivers for sale as used by My Tiny Sun in their uber pricey head units!!! Buck driver 4-18V input, upto 3.40A output looks good to me, any thoughts?
    Cheers

Yes, uber means “over”, so they seem a bit “over” priced… but they’re probably worth it—the Germans don’t f*ck around when it comes to quality.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    three modes I'm sure, but I'm after Threemode One click from low to med, then each click cycles between med and high, with a press to go back to low. Makes life so much easier on the bike.
    I'm sure PilotPK will implement that for you. I asked or the low battery warming and that's in the latest firmware now.
    The programming module is a piece of cake to use. Plug it into the PC, make up your modes on his mode designer, type in the EEPROM and click program. Takes about 2 minutes!

I prefer these drivers now. There is no need to wait for the postman, then fit a new driver just to have an update. I can take out the optic, touch my programming pins to the board and its programmed. There are also hidden modes available when using a mom switch.

And like taskled, customer service is second to none!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cagliari View Post
    Hi Guys
    Cheers

Looks like a pain to mount compared to a single sided driver, plus it will use up a lot of housing length to clear those pins both sides.

Barrington Womble
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9 View Post
    Looks like a pain to mount compared to a single sided driver, plus it will use up a lot of housing length to clear those pins both sides.
    Good point about the depth of the thing esp. with the pins. I have some Taskled drivers some single some double sided but they do seem alot lower profile than the Ledtech one. Saw it on the site and thought it worth a mention.