mtbr member
    May 2010

flashlight round up?

g'day peeps,

currently looking to add some light to the front of the rig and planning on starting with couple of flashlights from DX

what i am hoping the wise and knowledgeable brains trust on MTBR can help me filter down the massive amount of mind spinning options
    and help with finding two lights to fit my requirements

what i am hoping to find in a Flashlight/s is

1.multiple battery inputs i.e 3xAAA/18650lion etc
    2.mutli modes HI/LO and hopefully MED (because i dont really know how bright these things are)
    3.somewhere around the 200lums mark? (im guessing this will be bright enough)
    4.a good thrower for the noggin and a good flooder for the bars

i plan on running it with the AAA batts to start because i already have a few rechargeables at home but later down the track using the 18650's

all this for under $40 bucks US(current paypal balance )

not really worried about using the latest LED's im actually hoping to pick up the ones that have been made cheaper by the rapid advancement in LEDs

am i dreaming????

thanks in advance

p.s hello to all i didnt seem to see a welcome thread to make my 1st post so this is as good a place as any

p.s.s also MODS feel free to move this to a more relevent location

help with the zip please
    Welcome Cloudy, it's certainly that here, been raining nearly three weeks straight.

If I understand you correctly you are after some ready made torches so this post would be better placed in this forum http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165

Have a look around while you are here in the DIY light forum though because you will no doubt be bitten by the bug and soon want to start making your own.

Cheers

Emu

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The output from AAA's and the run time are useless go 18650 first and only buy a torches which only work with 18650.

MTE SF-15 ( SF15 ) makes a great 700lumen flood on your bars.

Then put a TR801 or a A10B on your helmet and away you go.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26
    Welcome Cloudy, it's certainly that here, been raining nearly three weeks straight.

If I understand you correctly you are after some ready made torches so this post would be better placed in this forum http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165

Have a look around while you are here in the DIY light forum though because you will no doubt be bitten by the bug and soon want to start making your own.

Cheers

Emu
    You must be on the east coast of oz as well then
    the rain has been a real bummer,but Its made me productive in the shed

already have plans for a DIY light in the works. That's one of the reasons I don't want to spend a whole bunch of torches

cheers

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    The output from AAA's and the run time are useless go 18650 first and only buy a torches which only work with 18650.

MTE SF-15 ( SF15 ) makes a great 700lumen flood on your bars.

Then put a TR801 or a A10B on your helmet and away you go.
    thanks for the tips
    the SF15 looks good but if I have to buy the batteries and charger it blows out the budget

might grab one each of the other 2 you mentioned and see how they go

cheers