I posted this in the wrong forum by accident (and I don't know how I clicked over there):
So she ain't pretty.... she ain't machined... and she won't turn any heads, but I don't care. Thanks to those that have answered my newbie questions in this forum, I can't say that enough. I have learned a lot and will continue to learn since this won't be the last build (I already have another build planned for a bar mount dual light). This is going to replace my Cygolite Expilion 700USB on my helmet... after riding 2-3 hours, the weight on my head is annoying. The cygolite got me started in night riding, so that is where this started.
Here it is all soldered and with the epoxy on the back of the board to protect it:
And the first test before I close it all up:
A dead simply Hammond box drilled out for the lens with Lexan held in by silicone. Once I get the lens sorted (I have a few to try to get the right effect), I will close up the box with silicone and hit it with a coat of paint to clean the look up a little.
And the box closed up now:
Like I said, I know she isn't pretty, but we all have to start some where.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Finishing up my first build....