Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Finished my light build!!!! One problem.. :( need input...

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  OverTheHill 
#1 ·
Well I was very happy that Ive finished my Light and little did I know that the switch I bought from mouser is the wrong one heres link http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=48-2-RB-N-BK-Bvirtualkey56650000virtualkey850-48-2-RB-N-BK-B
I spent numerous hours trying to program my H6FLEX with no luck...Emailed George from Taskled and sure enough ....switch is not momentary action... darnnn it !!!!!
can you guys help me find the right switch? links to manufc?
thank you .... I dont want to make another mistake on ordering the wrong one...
Thanks..1111

#6 ·
thank you guys for the info.....appreciate the reply's...... So yeah apparently Mouser.com has an error on their page describing part# 48-2-RB-N-BK-B on their description page has a momentary switch....instead of saying "momentary" it should say "maintained" I reported it to mouser.com about it...not sure if they will change it though.... thanks again for the links :)

#7 ·
aztlan805,

I think you are reading the Mouser page wrong. The line says "Momentary" with a check box next to it. If unchecked then it specifies that the switch is Maintained, if checked then it is a Momentary switch. Where the Mouser site is wrong (according to my interpretation of the itswitches datasheet) is that the page for the switch with the part number 48-1-RB-N-BK-B should have the "Momentary" box checked.

Refer to the itswitches datasheet again and you will see that the Module Type 48-1 is for a Momentary switch and 48-2 is Maintained. The Mouser website has both module types with unchecked "Momentary" boxes indicating that they are both Maintained switches which is obviously wrong in the case of the 48-1-RB-N-BK-B which is the switch that I think you need.

I hope that's clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.