PRETENDURO

Finally freakin’*here

Yeah, I broke down and finally registered here. Have been registered with http://forums.roadbikereview.com since the Spring of 2005, and finally decided to bite the billet (nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk) and join up after having been merely a “lurker” around these parts. The “Lights DIY” section has been a topic area of these forums I have been studying since mid-2007. I’ve built two “copperheads” (one with Luxeon K2s, the other with CREE XR-Es), one “Tricube LED light”, and one special “Tricube” which uses two “430 lumen” MC-Es, one Q-whatevertheheck-binned XR-E, and two 3023-D-N-1000 Buckpucks driven by a 14.8V Lithium Polymer Ion 4400mAh battery from All-shittery.com (having problems with the reliability after the three months of warranty time of these things). I would like to thank each and every one of you for setting the groundwork. From your research and hard work I am confident that my dual MC-E/dual 1000mA 3023 setup (+ one XR-E) yields the optimum light output for my daytime and nighttime riding needs. Between this forum, the “Fat Bikes” forum, and the “Beer” forum, I have three legitimate reasons to be here now. Thank you for all the inspiration!

Oh yeah, I actually have two non-roadie bikes, one is a 2009 Marin Palisades 29er, the other is a 2009 Anniversary Edition Surly 1x1. This is in addition to my “hard core” 2008 Ridley Damocles road bike.

Light freak
    Welcome Leopold.

Wow! That was the fastest 25 posts for just registering. Your were busy last night.

Light freak
    Sorry to hear about your battery problems with AllBattery. Had similar experience a few years ago. I think they offer incredible deals on stuff that has been sitting on the shelves for a long time. They work just long enough to get past the warranty period..

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by scar
    Welcome Leopold.

Wow! That was the fastest 25 posts for just registering. Your were busy last night.
    It was because I wasn’t riding my bikes last night.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I'd rather be riding!
    Let us know next time your out ridding your "bikes". You'll probably draw a crowd.

Oh and welcome to the forums, I've already run across two of your posts.