mtbr member

Exposure Joy Stick Maxx

OK, I know somebody out there has this light.
    It looks really interesting due to its lack of wires.
    Also puts out a decent amount of light (at least from the specs).
    I'd only use it to look into corners with my ARC on the bars.
    Gimme some feedback please.
    Lenny

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I briefly looked into Exposure lights. Once I discovered that you couldn't replace the batteries (you have to send the light back to the factory) and that the batteries aren't covered by any warranty, I decided to pass. Other than that, they do have a clever design.

mtbr member
    Bummer, I didn't know that.
    That would kill it for me too.
    Lenny

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    OK, I know somebody out there has this light.
    It looks really interesting due to its lack of wires.
    Also puts out a decent amount of light (at least from the specs).
    I'd only use it to look into corners with my ARC on the bars.
    Gimme some feedback please.
    Lenny
    why not get a single ayup?

I know it has wires, but battery is lightweight + mounts on helmet. Puts out about 250 lumens, each of the led's is adjutable for position, and its upgradeable when they release the new more powerful (= brighter) batteries at end of the year. Upgrades are sold at cost price to exisiting customers according to the website. A single light head, battery and charger will work out cheaper than a joystick as well probably.

Needed Less ~ Did More
    Hope are bringing out an "all in one" light soon that runs on 4x AA cells and should be bright with good runtimes...and you can refil it from any store!

The other one to look at are the Fenix L2D Q5 Cree torches that take 2x AA and give 175lm for 2.4hrs on one set of batts (and have other power settings) Just ordered one from Fenixstore.com along with a 2Fish light mount (well, 3 of them. One for the Fenix on the helmet and 2 for my home brew bar lights)

SSP
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    why not get a single ayup?

I know it has wires, but battery is lightweight + mounts on helmet. Puts out about 250 lumens, each of the led's is adjutable for position, and its upgradeable when they release the new more powerful (= brighter) batteries at end of the year. Upgrades are sold at cost price to exisiting customers according to the website. A single light head, battery and charger will work out cheaper than a joystick as well probably.
    250 lumens? I bit overrated most likely. Very lovely lights though, I'm just not sure if you'd notice they are on with an Arc shining away on the bars.

More powerfull (higher energy density) won't mean more lumens, that is up to the emitter. They can boost the drive current, but going beyond 750 (+/-) mA only means rapid decreasing efficiency.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you want a self-contained unit, BR Lights also makes a very tough light. It's a bit heavy but very low and spread out over a larger surface area of the helmet. As odd as they look, I like them a lot.

http://brlights.com/index.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    SingleSpeedPunk - let us know what you think of the Fenix!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

tried that.

I tried the L2D as a helmet light and it certainly is bright but the beam was too tight for my liking. I keep it in my Camelbak attached to a 2Fish handle bar mount for backup.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cino
    the batteries aren't covered by any warranty
    Really? Then what is this "Lifetime warranty on LED and 2 year on rest of unit." I take the "rest of the unit" part to include the battery.