mtbr member

New question here. Experience with VDO MC1.0 Wireless Cyclometer w/ Altimeter?

Any? or better go with Garmin Edge 205?
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have the VDO MC1.0+ which is the wireless version. I like it very much. Because of the altimeter it has the ability to measure the % inclination during a climb which is an interesting way to measure performance.

It also has the ability to keep track of two separate wheel sets. I use the same computer head on both a touring bike and a mountain bike. A second setup consisting of magnet, sensor/transmitter and handlebar mount costs only about $20US delivered.

I will say that sometimes some spurious data gets in...Like it will suddenly read 68 mph for a few seconds and then return to something sensible. Maybe this doesn't happen with the wired model.

Spanish biker
    I have the MC 1.0+ wireless did more of 4 years ago and I'm very happy with him, very accuracy and more data at the same time on the display, how cyclecomputer are a excellent option.

I in your case I will bought the VDO without doubt.

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr
    Warning!!! my english is very very bad, sorry.

Easy DIY led light1
    Easy DIY led light2

The Beast!!!

hikebike-bagpeak
    My concern with investing in an altimeter is the accuracy on a bike. Many of the reports I've read indicate to me that it is not good for riding: barometric pressurechanges/weather and the constant need of calibration with fast changing altitude on long steep pitches. What's different with the VDO MC1.0 ???????
    Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
    www.radtrek.com

Members who have read this thread: 0