mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Exited...Got my H6flex on the mail for 1st build...

I decided which components will make part of my first build....

*H6flex
    *2x-XM-L's
    *Laura's
    *Hammond Case
    *Reginas
    *3s1p which is the same has 3s.....

I got this setup from user bravellir.... it looks clean and for someone like me that lacks tools such has Milll, lathe...etc its a nice build....Im just concerned running 2 XM-L at 3amps ...alot of heat....somewhere i read that 2x XM-L needs 44sq inches.....
    Any opinions and Ideas are welcome.... Will the 3s lipo at 5000mah give me at least over 2hours ?
    Thank You

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    just use the built in temp sensing function of the h6flex.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    About 40sq inches seems reasonable. But you could always go smaller and use the temp sensing function, just make sure the termal path between the led and driver is good.

That battery should be good for almost 3hr if i did my math right.

Seems like a really nice setup.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    xyz-saft
    What exactly do you mean *make sure the thermal path between the LED and driver is Good* ? You mean like separating driver away from LED's .... i'm a newbie so show some mercy

*BKruahnndon
    Say I do use the sensing function of the H6flex...... That prevents from over heating ? or it warns you and shut-downs automatically...? A bit confused

Thank You

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aztlan805
    xyz-saft
    What exactly do you mean *make sure the thermal path between the LED and driver is Good* ? You mean like separating driver away from LED's .... i'm a newbie so show some mercy

*BKruahnndon
    Say I do use the sensing function of the H6flex...... That prevents from over heating ? or it warns you and shut-downs automatically...? A bit confused

Thank You
    Don't have a thermal bottleneck anywhere between your driver and the LED. For the thermal protection, the driver will kick it down a setting until it cools.
    Current Ride:
    Ibis Mojo SL-R - Medium - South Beach White
    '11 Specialized Roubaix Compact Rival

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aztlan805
    xyz-saft

*BKruahnndon

Thank You

Keep the Hammond case as large as you can for most surface area and the H6flex will be laying down flat behind the led heatsink
    the heat will travel pretty fast through the aluminium so set the thermal setting on the driver to say 60 c and when it hits that temp your leds will likely be around 90 c
    the light will dim down until the temp has reduced .

if you find that it is dimming too easily then you can up the setting to 70 c and try that .

if at 70 c it is still dimming to easily then you will need to add extra fins say a cpu sink bonded to the top of the hammond case.

or just use a lower current table and max only for mega speeds .