My gloves stink

Edge 305 for running? Wrist mount?

Anyone here use their Edge for running? How did you make it work?

The other day I went out for one of my occasional runs and thought it would be nice if I could add it to my MotionBased training log. So I stuffed my Edge 305 in the pocket of my running shorts. As you would expect, it couldn't receive satellite signal in that position, but the heart rate thing worked.

It seems to me that the Edge could be worn on the wrist or forearm and get satellite reception. It might not be as cool as a Forerunner, but it I think it would it would work well enough. I search for a wristband for it an nothing came up. I figure Garmin's only suggestion will be to buy a Forerunner.
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

mini clyde
    my wife uses an iPod case that straps to her upper arm and/or clips onto her waist. It's mostly open, just has a rubberized string that holds it into a fabric pouch. I think she picked it up at Target, and it wasn't expensive.

My gloves stink
    Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, problem solved!
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

You know my steez...

It will work in your pocket

I had to borrow a friends bike to ride because I just sold my bike and am STILL waiting for my Ibis to arrive...anyway, I didn't bother mounting my Edge bracket on his bike, I just put it in my pocket and it worked perfectly. I also run with it all the time. I agree that an iPod arm band would be perfect,but I just hold mine in my hand like a baton...I'm used to it now.
    Go on MotionBased.com and search for "camaya" to see my activity. I use the Edge for road biking too...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Ive used a Nike wrist wallet that I purchased at a running store and works well. I have not lost satellite reception using it this way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I used the spare bike mount and fastened it to an old watch band with small zip ties. It looks geeky but works good.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've been seriously considering getting an Edge specifically to use on my wrist, rather than a Forerunner, since for some reason Garmin haven't put a baro altimeter in any of the Forerunner series (and since I do a lot of altitude, I want to have accurate measurement of this). Thanks for the ideas.

Flyin Pig

Forerunner 305 Bike Mount

I have gone the opposite way and was looking for a Forerunner 305 bike mount. It works fine on my wrist but its kind of a pain to look at your wrist while riding. I was on the trail and met a guy who had is forerunner 305 mounted on his handlebar. I guess some of the new forerunner 305 come with a bike mount in the box.
    Garmin supposedly sells it separately but I haven't been able to order it. I think this is the link but there is no picture and I wasn't able to order off the site so I can't confirm.
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8544

Shopping the REI fourth of July sale I found this
    http://www.rei.com/product/733343
    The forerunner fits on it fine and its only $9.

To add to the original discussion - my wife uses here edge 305 inside her Camelback. There is a top pocket meant for an ipod but the 305 works fine inside there.