Double-metric mtb man

Edge 305 connection problem

Hey gang,

I decided to give SportTracks a go the other day and got it and the .net 1.1 framework put in. My Edge 305 connects up to it just great, but now it won't connect to Training Centre. Training Centre starts to connect and then claims that there is a communications error and tells me to check if the 305 is connected.

Anyone else have this issue and how does one fix it?

Thanks.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I've had some problems with my connections using Garmin Training Center, Motion Based and SportTracks. It's inconsistent, but usually happens when I use one program after another. It usually is fixed by powering off and on the unit and trying again. Sometimes it takes a couple of times. It's a bit annoying.

Double-metric mtb man
    Thanks Agoura, I'll try it. Just a right royal PITA when things don't connect like they are supposed to.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mike
    Thanks Agoura, I'll try it. Just a right royal PITA when things don't connect like they are supposed to.
    I agree! I'm hoping someone else will have advice that will avoid this hassle. It always works for me eventually, but it would be nicer if it worked the first time every time!

Double-metric mtb man
    Mine must have had a glitch.

Thankfully, I use a gps independent program for my logging, so nothing was lost there. It took a reset to get it to do its thing properly again (no issues since).

Thanks for the suggestions, though. Sure was nice to have the GPS running right for saturday morning`s ride...managed an insane speed on the SS roadie on the way home

mtbr member
    Ive had similar connection problems with mine. I will try the Power Off/On next time.

wpg then, van now
    I find it best on mine (mind you I only use SportTracks) to make sure the unit is powered on, then connect to the PC, then open the software, then import the data. Usually get the data everytime. If I were to do that all backwards, I bet it misses the data 80% of the time.

Double-metric mtb man
    I've had no issues since the reset....must just been a little glitch in my case. It is now playing nicely with both TC and SportTracks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've also had problems. Using and IBM T21 laptop, I found that if I have a DVD playing when I connect the unit, it works every time! Otherwise, if it works, it will only work once. If I connect again without restarting without it always fails.