Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    What day are we riding?
    Reputation: Rockin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,074

    Edge 305 - Any way to conv gpx to route?

    Just wondering if there is an easy way out there to convert a gpx file to a route file for my Edge and then import it to my Edge so I can use it. After three hours of dinking around I figured out how to get a course on my Edge, but I really want a route. Anyone?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    Just wondering if there is an easy way out there to convert a gpx file to a route file for my Edge and then import it to my Edge so I can use it. After three hours of dinking around I figured out how to get a course on my Edge, but I really want a route. Anyone?
    Topofusion will upload a gpx file as a route to your Edge.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    248
    Cool, just tested it out and it works great. Thanks.

  4. #4
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,652
    Here is THE Ultimate gps conversion tool!

    http://www.gpsbabel.org/
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Here is THE Ultimate gps conversion tool!

    http://www.gpsbabel.org/
    Do you know if GPS babel will convert a Garmin track to a route? It's the one thing that would help a lot. thanks.

  6. #6
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,652
    Did you click on the link and read "What is GPS Babel"? It worked for me, try it to see if it will work for you. Sorry, I'm pretty busy, or I would fly to your house and try it for you.......

    http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-deve...transform.html
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

  7. #7
    What day are we riding?
    Reputation: Rockin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Topofusion will upload a gpx file as a route to your Edge.
    Tried it and it worked, but it gave me a "Route Truncated" message and maxed out my location point.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    Tried it and it worked, but it gave me a "Route Truncated" message and maxed out my location point.
    The limit on waypoints is 100 (I think). That's a lot for a route. Any more and you have a course anyway, so why not navigate on a course? You could make the GPX more sparse but why bother?

    Another tool GPX-> course is gpx2crs.exe (Google it)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •