person

Dual Cross Issues

I've just started having problems with my Cygolite dual cross 200 light. The battery appears to have a very weak connection with the light and as a result the light flickers on and off repeatedly. There are also times that the light appears to be working fine, only to start blinking by itself (Note: the light is definitely not in flash mode while this is occurring). Needless to say this is all getting very frustrating. Has anyone had experience with this light or with a similar problem?

-Thanks, Dave
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Not familiar with the light, but it sounds like a loose connection/broken wire issue. Most likely places are where the wire runs into the battery pack or the head unit, or at the connector. If the cable has been subjected to any to any sharp pulling (e.g. when disconnecting the battery) or twisting (crashes, repeated bending) the conducting wire could be damaged inside the insulation. If you have a multimeter you can check what voltage your battery is putting out. Can you reproduce the problem reliably? E.g. turn your light on at home, and see what makes it go dim, is it shaking the head unit, wiggling the wires around etc. If you (or a friend) have a spare battery of the same or similar voltage, does the problem still happen with the other battery?
    Dylan

old man riding!
    I don't have the 200 but I have a light from cygolite and I love the light. When I first got the light the wire to the battery was loose and all I did was call them and I was sent one that very day. The replacement was perfect as was the customer service I received..

person
    Thanks for the replies. The problem definitely lies with the battery not the head unit. I'm going to see if I can get the battery replaced, but I don't think I have the receipt unfortunately.
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch