Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424

    DIY Shimano STI interface for Bflex/maxflex

    DIY Shimano STI interface for Bflex/maxflex... for road / cyclocross

    DIY Shimano STI interface for Bflex/maxflex-sti1.jpg

    DIY Shimano STI interface for Bflex/maxflex-sti2.jpg

    Control your LED light from your un-used flight deck computer button...

    lever in pic shimano 105 10spd RH shift / brake lever

    it works better than I had hoped, the nice & solid 'tact' switch gives for a great snappy feel.

    I cant show this one installed on a bike, as its for a customer OS... more pics soon...


    K

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    281
    and use the other STI shifter for your motor switch! ....kidding.

    nice integration!

  3. #3
    Rep Power Infinity +2
    Reputation: brad72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,567
    You beat me to it, I just received the momentary buttons to go into my STi lever hoods to control the Bflex as I was sick of moving my hand to the center of the bar to change power levels. Just need to re-tape the bar to hide the cable and she will look sweet. Nice work

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by brad72
    You beat me to it, I just received the momentary buttons to go into my STi lever hoods to control the Bflex as I was sick of moving my hand to the center of the bar to change power levels. Just need to re-tape the bar to hide the cable and she will look sweet. Nice work
    You should know better than try to beat me to it!! ;-)

    6mm stalk on the tact works great and is needed to clear the inside of the lever body

    BTW guys, modding a flightdeck switch unit is a waste of time, mod to the blank in there is the go.

    Enjoy

    ktronik

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by BKruahnndon
    and use the other STI shifter for your motor switch! ....kidding.

    nice integration!

    Don't temp me, you know I will do it!!

    K

  6. #6
    Rep Power Infinity +2
    Reputation: brad72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by BKruahnndon
    and use the other STI shifter for your motor switch! ....kidding.

    nice integration!
    I have a company that sells the small motors that would fit into the seat tube. Would be a fun project

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by brad72
    I have a company that sells the small motors that would fit into the seat tube. Would be a fun project
    like this brad, http://www.gruberassist.com/english/...t-description/
    Defcon Cycles - Brisbane Australia

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424
    Here is the circuit for the E-bike's throttle input, reduced to a simple form, so my STI or another button can be used as a WOT style throttle for ebikes...



    still needs a diode across the coil to stop BEMF

    so MOM on to start, pull brake to re-set (turn off) relay...

    I have already done it & it works great...

    K

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424
    DIY Shimano STI interface for Bflex/maxflex-stiremote.jpg

    and now with button on the 'tops' of the bar...it would sit just after the HB tape ends on the top of the bars...I would run mine under the 'tape' to hold it in place...has a plug on it for removal from light.

    K

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by ktronik View Post
    You should know better than try to beat me to it!! ;-)

    6mm stalk on the tact works great and is needed to clear the inside of the lever body

    BTW guys, modding a flightdeck switch unit is a waste of time, mod to the blank in there is the go.

    Enjoy

    ktronik

    What do you mean by "tact". What switch type has the 6mm tact that you are speaking of?

    Is the tact the same switch with the clear plastic covering shown in the photos?

    Could you run just the (clear plastic covered switch) underneath the brake hoods or do I need to buy a flight deck switch from Shimano?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yetibetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,783
    Tact is short for tactile. Loads on ebay for next to nothing Electronic Components PCB Microswitch Switches 20 pcs | eBay

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    201
    Thanks. Where do I find the clear plastic cover that makes the tactile switch waterproof, like the one shown in the photo above?

    Any idea what suppliers have these (with waterproof covering).

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkBike View Post
    Thanks. Where do I find the clear plastic cover that makes the tactile switch waterproof, like the one shown in the photo above?

    Any idea what suppliers have these (with waterproof covering).
    Looks like clear plastic heat shrink to me, with some black heat shrink on either end

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by DIYtailight View Post
    Looks like clear plastic heat shrink to me, with some black heat shrink on either end
    Yep, sure is...

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    268
    Nice work ktronik - very slick integration. Shame my Sora shifters don't have the flight deck controls, otherwise I'd be sorely tempted to give this one a go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •