29 inches and Pissed Off!

Dinotte Upgrade Program

I originally had one of the very early Dinotte Ultra 5. Got another one last year on sale. Both were the AA's. I emailed Rob about his upgrade program and what option I should pick. He immediately contacted back, and gave me 4 ideas.

I picked buy a new Dinotte Ultra 5 Lithium, and get a Free upgrade on the old lights. I got my new light in 2 days, coast to coast, with a large and small battery, extensions, extra velcro straps, extra O rings, and helmet mount. I sent in the old lights and got the upgrade lights in less than a week. They came with the extension and a Y. Everything is now Lithium.

Now I have 2 lights for the Bars and one for the helmet. The lights are great, and so is the service.

Thanks Rob,
    Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

GeoMan
    Rob is a great guy to work with.

Dinotte has a terrific product to boot!
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I second that !

mtbr member
    So if I buy a new 200L from someone like GEOMAN, am I still eligible to have my old Ultra 5 upgraded by Dinotte?

Steve

GeoMan
    Of course!
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I'm getting confused.

I'm about ready to get 1 of these but this talk of the old ultra5 and the new 200l is confusing me.

Geoman, the 200l on you site is the newest. Correct?
    If I get one it doesn't need to be or can be upgraded to something else?

I was going to take this to a PM but thought others might like clarification also.

Oh who am I kidding, I'm always confused.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by liltommy
    Geoman, the 200l on you site is the newest. Correct?
    If I get one it doesn't need to be or can be upgraded to something else?
    Correct.

We received our latest shipment this week direct from Dinotte. That being said, Dinotte has been shipping the 200L's in place of the older version for quite some time (May-ish or June-ish, I believe).
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Viva Las Peli Taco
    Dec 2006
    I upgraded mine from a very early version of the Dinotte Ultra 5 to the 200L. I am very, very happy with the improvement. I also went to Radio Shack and bought some 8AA cases. I have been useing them for a while with the new 200L with no issues. I believe the 200L is made to run at 7.5 volts the 8AA's will be pushing 9 with new batteries (although my batteries are somewhat old, and may be the reason I have not ruined the light yet).

Run times so far are in excess of four hours.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I don't see an option for this on their website. I have the first version of the Dinotte Dual, and I was planning on getting everything upgraded at some point (maybe later this fall). Do they still offer this service?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    they don't have it on the site, however they just did an upgrade for me. It sounds like they aren't doing them currently, however if you catch them at the right time they may do it for you. I'd give Rob a call.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Dinotte upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ssuperlight
    they don't have it on the site, however they just did an upgrade for me. It sounds like they aren't doing them currently, however if you catch them at the right time they may do it for you. I'd give Rob a call.
    Hi, could anyone give me Rob's direct email (rather than the standard Dinotte sales one)? I'm not sure what upgrade path I'll have, as I already have two pairs of Ultra 5s, but I'd be prepared to pay for the upgrade.

Cheers,

JohnnyM

mtbr member
    Give Dinotte a ring. The few times I needed to do this to sort out a problem Rob answered the phone.

Tim