mtbr member
    May 2010

Dinotte/Lupine battery compatibility

It would appear that modern Lupine batteries are nominally 7.4v, while Dinotte's Lithium Ion packs are 7.2v. Fully charged, my 14ah Lupine tops out at 8.4v, while the recent Dinotte 4-cell at about 8.1v.

I'd love to have the flexibility to run my Dinotte 400L on a Y with a DIY adapter cable from the big Lupine battery which is also powering Ms. Betty on the bar.

Probably too much over-voltage for the devices in the 400L, but anyone know specifically?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Just try it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The PCB in the Lupine is proprietary and works only with their charger.

I changed to all EC5 connectors and a standard 2S Li-Ion charger, swapped out a normal protection PCB. Now all my 2S batteries work with all my 2S lights. Yay.

I now use a balance changer (noting that Li-Ion has lower charge voltages than Li-Po).

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I run a Dinotte 140L from my Lupine batteries - no problems.
    I bought the Dinotte on eBay with the cable modified.
    However so far I have been unable to get a Y-cable with Lupine connectors (its no longer available from Lupine :-().

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    So I could open up my lupine battery, put in a standard PCB and use that battery with chargers other than the one that lupine supplied? Anyone know if my lupine pico will work with non lupine batteries? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    At the moment I only have custom built non-Lupine batteries, so the answer is a definite yes :-)
    I use the Lupine Microcharger without problems btw.
    So I think as long as you have the plug, and the voltage is correct, you are fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Cool....I wasn't sure if the charger only worked with whatever proprietary PCB the lupine battery uses....Or if it even is a proprietary PCB? I have read that somewhere though?