dinotte lighting upgrades

Printable View

• 05-29-2007
    frank418
    dinotte lighting upgrades
    hey does anyone have night pictures on any of the lights ? today I sent in my lights for the upgrade
  • 05-30-2007
    ToddN
    What kind of upgrade do they offer? Kind of sucks you have to send it back to get upgraded.
  • 05-30-2007
    frank418
    Rob, has told me it's going tobe about 30% brighter from 120 lumens to 200 lumens with a tighter beam pattern
  • 05-30-2007
    frank418
    does anyone a night shots on the upgrades
  • 05-30-2007
    Stuart B
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frank418
    does anyone a night shots on the upgrades

I beleive there are some here

http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-diy-do-yourself/review-dinotte-ultra-5-vs-dualcross-li-ion-299934.html

Todd, there was a thread recently linking the upgrades of your competitors ;)....bit cheaper than lupines though hehe. I am not sure many lights are officially user upgradeable...apart from the lupines which you know about.

Stu
  • 05-30-2007
    ToddN
    Thanks Stu. I must have missed that one.
  • 05-31-2007
    tnscoop
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd@gretnabikes
    What kind of upgrade do they offer? Kind of sucks you have to send it back to get upgraded.

I dunno. As a consumer I kinda like the idea the manufacturer will handle the upgrade and make sure it gets done right. That said, kudos to any of the companies offering upgrades on these cutting edge light products - much better than the model most manufacturers adopt. In fact, right now I own an obsolete GPS that simply needs a new receiver that can find the satellites through the trees. I'd love an upgrade over a new GPS, whether it be a DIY kit or a factory mail-in.