Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dinotte 500L

mtbr member
    May 2007

Updated: Dinotte 500L now with photos

Hello, I just purchased my 2nd Dinotte light (500L). I was e-mailing back and forth with Rob and noticed the invoice said 600 Lumens. I asked Rob this and he said the light has gone under minor changes and is now 600 Lumens!!! I have the light in my possession, but since my wife said it is a birthday present, and can't even open the box till Sunday!!! AGHHHHHHH. I can't wait till Sunday night to tool around with the light. I won't be using it on a ride till next week though. Anyway, As everyone familar with Dinotte knows Rob is great to deal with and extremely quick with responses to questions. I even emailed him around midnight on East coast time and had a response within minutes!! I will let you guys know and post some pics after I get to tool around with the light.
    Last edited by spinkid; 08-06-2007 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added photos

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Very nice! I look forward to an update and some photos. Happy birthday!

Dave.

Spanish biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    Very nice! I look forward to an update and some photos. Happy birthday!

Dave.
    That same one

Excellent buying.

Greetings - Saludos
    Warning!!! my english is very very bad, sorry.

Easy DIY led light1
    Easy DIY led light2

The Beast!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006

Wink regarding 500L

Hello,

updated and some minor changes, dinotte uped the output lumens to 600Lumens,

this is good news, nice one to dinotte,

i think i will go for 1 500L,

I had orginaly intended going for two 200Ls,

makes sense to go for one 500L, will cost same as two 200Ls but puting out three 200Ls,

happy birthday,

when you have the new 500L 600 Lumen light,

any chance of some beam shots,

thanks,
    dave,

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the Happy Birthday's. Beamshots will be coming as soon as I can get them as well as photo's of the light and beams against the 200L I received a month or so ago.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Can't wait to see the beam shots. I almost bought a 500L but instead got a second 200L.

-D

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    So wait 600 Lumens..Does that pretty much equal a 10w HID ?? (NR Enduro)
    CDT

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Yes, it would definitely be in the same ballpark.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well, I just took some photo’s of my new 600 lumen 500L and might I just say…. Holy SH** is this bright. My photo skills at night are a bit lacking, so please try and enjoy. I have the new manual/sheet and the runtimes have improved a bit. High = 3 hrs, Med = 6 hrs, low = 12 hrs, and flashing = 24hrs. I e-mailed Rob and asked for a kit with 2 Lithium Ion batteries and 1 charger. I opted for the black version and this is surprisingly small. I can’t wait for a night ride to use both of these. Currently I have only used the 200L on my road bike, so I can’t wait to hit the woods with this combo. Here are the photo’s, and again please excuse the quality it is my work camera but I am sure mostly operator error  . All these pictures were taken with the garage at approximately 70 feet from the light.

500L and 200L front

500L and 200L back

500L and 200L side

500L low

500L medium

500L high

200L low

200L high

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Nice!

Sometime when I get the cash I am gonna get one of those. Currently my setup is 2-200L on the handlebars and a 15w halogen helmet light.

The setup I would love would be a 500L and 200L on the bars, with the 200L on flash. and the second 200L on the helmet and retire the Halogen.

-D

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Your photo quality is more then fine, thanks for posting!

Enjoy your light!

Dave.

Spanish biker
    Thanks for the photos of the lights and beamshots!!!!!!!!!

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr
    Warning!!! my english is very very bad, sorry.

Easy DIY led light1
    Easy DIY led light2

The Beast!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006

Wink regaridng 500L beamshots pics,

the quality isn,t bad, well done for trying,

for good digital photos, you need a good digital camara with at least 6m pixals,

have a go at experimenting, work on your camara skill, try all the setting and find out
    what gets the best results,

thanks for posting the images so soon, as promised,

i dont thing digital camaras were meant for serious professional photography,

same place your garage garden can you take another two shots of the 500L + 200L combo, together,
    on high but going across the garden to the right, on the wall of the house next door,

i think problebly, to about 90 feet,

i hope you will take more pics when you hit the trails or woods,

thanks,

enjoy your light, enjoy your night rides,

dave,

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by david 290
    I don’t thing digital cameras were meant for serious professional photography.
    I’m sorry but you don’t need a high end digital camera to take good photos, you just need to know how to use it properly! While film will never die, you would be surprised at the amount of professionals using digital equipment these days.

I agree though, a 600L + 200L combination would be a very nice setup!

Cheers, Dave.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by david 290
    i dont thing digital camaras were meant for serious professional photography,
    Wow, are you serious? I think some very hardcore professionals, ones like those shooting for Sports Illustrated and National Geographic, might take issue with that statement.

-D

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Where did you get the 500L from?

mtbr member
    May 2006

Smile regarding 500L,

hello,

were did you purchase the dinotte 500L,

well i can and cant answer that Q,

first how are you asking,

best deal best offer, price, e.c.t,

buy from rob at dinotte fantastic service, fast email response, helpful, everyone familar with dinotte.
    knows rob at dinotte is great to deal with, he will quickly answer your questions,

email him,

his email invoice, his best offer, ready to ship, when im ready to buy, 500L 600 lumen light, two li-ion batts, 1 charger, £215.00

derath,

yes i am serious,

sorry you feel that way, think you misunderstood,

fair point, comment, if they choice to take issue with my statement, they mey feel free to do so, but i was not and i still am not and will never knock there professionalism or skill,

6m pixal digital camara is better than 3m pixals,

a friend of mines friend that iv meet a few times was recently made redundant from is
    job, holiday travel brouchures, photographer,

photos very good, he used a big lens big lcd screen 10m pixal digital camara,

no critism or offence inteeded, just my opinion, 5 - 10m pixal digital camaras do and can
    take good pics, if you know how to use it, as you said,

i still use a pentax 35mm automatic, flash two other bigger lenses, kodak colour films, old professional photogrphy equipment,

dont want to anger the press or media, could end up in front page of a news paper
    for that statement,

ride ride all night long,

enjoy your night rides folks,

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You don't need 6megapixels to post photos online unless you're viewing them on a screen as big as an office building. The biggest photo I usually post for online viewing is 750 pixels in the largest dimension. You do need a camera that allows some control over exposure settings if you want good beamshots to compare with each other.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Derath
    Nice!

Sometime when I get the cash I am gonna get one of those. Currently my setup is 2-200L on the handlebars and a 15w halogen helmet light.

The setup I would love would be a 500L and 200L on the bars, with the 200L on flash. and the second 200L on the helmet and retire the Halogen.

-D
    You've got a great setup. The 500L is terrific but seems a bit battery hungry for my tastes...

We've got more 200L's...
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    David290. I guess I did misunderstand. But that is likely due to your inability to form an intelligible post. Complete sentences help.

Geoman, yes I am pretty happy with my current setup. My dream setup will happen someday when I have the cash.

-D

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Where in the US can I buy the 500L for a good price and great service?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wired
    Where in the US can I buy the 500L for a good price and great service?
    I believe right now the 500L is only sold direct from Dinotte. Email Rob (Sales@dinottelighting.com) and ask.

-D

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Derath
    I believe right now the 500L is only sold direct from Dinotte. Email Rob (Sales@dinottelighting.com) and ask.

-D
    Correct.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey guys, sorry I have not had a chance to post more photos. Been busy training for my first 24 hour race. Anyway, I got back about 2 hours ago from my first ride with the 500L. Unfortunately it was a training road ride (54 miles). This light is just incredible. The light was on for more than 2 hours on high (started in daylight). My buddy has an old NR HID and this light honestly is way more purposeful than his. His has a brighter hotspot, but the 500L is just a wall of light with a slight hint of a hotspot. He asked me probably a half dozen times if the light behind him was me or a car. It was overcast tonight and we were on some back country roads with no lighthing and this light just flat out performs. Max speed was 41.6 mph and I never felt like I was out running the light. Well again, sorry for no update on pics, but I will try to take some action shots at the race next month and post them.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Smile Regarding Your Epic Training Ride,

WELCOME BACK,

again thanks for posting the beam shots,

woo man that sounds bright, i like the sound of that, your friend had to ask if it
    was you or a car, look forward to you posting beam shots next month,

i hope i dont have wait until then, or need to check out any more beam shots,

hopfuly i will have the money saved by then, i have £100.00 so far, the system is £215.00

my dream ideal system,

maybe not axactly like along the lines of Lynda W,

weigh nothing,
    last all night,
    burn a hole in the groung,

wight resonable, or not very hevy,

burn tiime, down to how long it needs to be, for you rideing needs,
    its a comprimise between light output and burn time, tough to get the best of both,

light out put , very very good,

system setup, i hope to end up with, two 500Ls & dinottes rear light,

spinkid,

same place your garage garden, can you take another shot of the 500L + 200L combo, together,
    on high but going across the garden to the right, on the wall of the house next door,

i think problebly, to about 90 feet,

i hope you will take more pics when you hit the trails or woods,

thanks,

enjoy your light, enjoy your night rides,

dave,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast