mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Dinotte 200L light levels.

I'm a little confused.
    I downloaded the operating instructions off of Dinottes site for the 200L. Its showing 3 steady light levels, 3 flash modes, and a blue\red LED for the rear indicator.

I've only got 2 steady light levels, 1 flashing, and a green\red indicator.

Anybody know what the deal is?
    Have I got an old version of the light?

Thanks

BBW
    mtbr member
    You should not see any red light, when you see blue/red that means that the light is overheated (thermal protection) and a red light only means low battery

When you double press the button the light should start, then if you press once you switch to a second light output and if you do it again you go the next one and so on...

if you keep pressing the button for 6 seconds, it switch to flashing mode were you have also 3 settings.

Charge your battery and try again, if not, call Rob

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    You should not see any red light, when you see blue/red that means that the light is overheated (thermal protection) and a red light only means low battery

When you double press the button the light should start, then if you press once you switch to a second light output and if you do it again you go the next one and so on...

if you keep pressing the button for 6 seconds, it switch to flashing mode were you have also 3 settings.

Charge your battery and try again, if not, call Rob
    I've got one led on the back which also double as the switch.
    Its normally green (dinotte instructions say blue),when the battery runs low it turns to red.
    I double press to start, it comes on high. I press again it goes low. I press again it goes high.

If I press for 6 seconds it goes to a flash mode.Press again it goes off.

So I've got Off/High/low and (1)flash mode.

I'm wondering if the difference is that I've got the pro (4AA) and only the endurance(li-on) comes with the added modes.
    I just want to make sure I didn't get sold the old 500 type before they got upgraded to the 200L.
    Thanks

BBW
    mtbr member
    I have no clue there.... but the 500 came before the 600, is not the older version of the 200
    Call Rob he will answer gladly

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by liltommy
    I'm a little confused.
    I downloaded the operating instructions off of Dinottes site for the 200L. Its showing 3 steady light levels, 3 flash modes, and a blue\red LED for the rear indicator.

I've only got 2 steady light levels, 1 flashing, and a green\red indicator.

Anybody know what the deal is?
    Have I got an old version of the light?

Thanks
    Their sites are a little confusing. It looks like they have an up-to-date site and an older sight that needs some updating and you sort of toggle between the two, so the confusion. Also, the different models appear a little mixed together until you can separate them out in your mind (for me anyway).

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You don't have a 200L you have a Ultra 5. Where did you purchase the light at? If they said it was a 200L then that's not what you got. There is a significant difference with between the two. If you have place the beam against a wall and it has a square shape with a small bright spot in the middle than you have the ultra 5. if it has a even beam pattern then it should be a 200L. The only reason that I know this is that I had my Ultra 5 upgraded and it only had high/low/flash before and after it had low/med/high/flash after as well as the button was changed to blue/red colors.

mtbr member
    I have an early 200L that used the green/red led and 2 power levels (4W/2W). More recent 200L's have had a circuit upgrade, and now uses a blue/red LED, and has 3 power levels (4W/2W/1W). It also has a few fancy flashing modes, which I don't find useful, and a few people in our group have had problems with, trying to figure out how to return to steady mode, ... and riding home on the trails in disco mode. It's not hard to figure out, but some people can't program VCRs either. The blue LED also flashed to tell you what power mode you are on, which I find useful. Lumen output did not change.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssuperlight
    You don't have a 200L you have a Ultra 5. Where did you purchase the light at? If they said it was a 200L then that's not what you got. There is a significant difference with between the two. If you have place the beam against a wall and it has a square shape with a small bright spot in the middle than you have the ultra 5. if it has a even beam pattern then it should be a 200L. The only reason that I know this is that I had my Ultra 5 upgraded and it only had high/low/flash before and after it had low/med/high/flash after as well as the button was changed to blue/red colors.
    The original 200L had two power modes, 1 flashing mode, and a green/red LED on the back- bright, even, beam pattern.
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    That makes sense!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssuperlight
    That makes sense!
    My guess is the new power LEDs/lenses were available before the new electronics chips (which likely have on board indicator LEDs) so the first batch of 200Ls got the older 5w circuit boards.
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I've got one of each...the new one has a redder light, I thought.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.