mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Dinotte 200L (flood version) vs Fenix L2D-CE

OK, first off..I lied..it's not really a shootout. Rather, at the request of Cat-man-do, I've took photos of the 200L with the flood lens option and compared it to my Fenix L2D-CE. Mainly because I didn't take any equivalent pics of the Ultra5 before I sent it for the upgrading.

First picture you see the flood lens. It's a kind of Fresnel lens, with multiple rings. There are light rings below 1meter, but beyond that the Dinotte's beam smoothed out.

The beamshots are all done in my house, (sorry for the mess but I'm in the midst of moving) with the far wall of my gym room at 25feet. The Fenix's beamshots were used for benchmarking purposes. The lumens numbers are all manufacturer specs, not mine.

First picture, the 200L in low beam mode.(~? lumens)

Second picture, the 200L in high beam mode(~200lumens)

Third picture, the Fenix L2D-CE in high beam mode (~135lumens)

Fourth picture, the Fenix L2D-CE in Turbo beam mode.(~80lumens)
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The following two pictures show you how much spill/flood the 200L has. Although it lacks the intense centre spot of the Fenix, the 200L's light-spread is approximately 160degrees end to end. Compare that with the Fenix in the second picture.

Picture one, 200L on high beam mode.

Picture two, Fenix on Turbo beam mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Gr8 pics! You should try two of these with NiMH cells (very light setup and tons of output)!
    175 lumens each!
    https://www.fenix-store.com/product_...fcd28bb72dafb1

If you want something with a bit more flood and less throw go with the textured/orange peel reflector models!